HAving PRoblems THat I NEver HAd BEfore

Discussion in 'Computers' started by MarkHastings, May 3, 2003.

1. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

Ever since I've had my new computer (Dell), I've noticed a strange phenomenon. Every once in a while, I'll notice that whenever I type a word with an initial cap, the second letter gets capitalized as well. FOr example....(actually, I was going to write an example and I noticed I accidentally did it when I wrote "For") [​IMG]

Now I've been using computers for years and I've never run into this before so I really can't say it's the way I'm typing.

I also have a Dell at work and I do the same thing. I wonder if these new keyboards are the culprit? i.e. I wonder if the shift key doesn't release as fast as I think it does?

Anyone else have this problem? I've noticed this phenomenon in other peoples posts so I don't think it's just me.

2. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

Look at your keyboard properties in the Control Panel. I bet your repeat rate is too slow or your repeat delay too long. Mess around with those settings and see if you can rid yourself of the problem.

3. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

My repeat rate was already on Fast. My Repeat delay wasn't completely on short, so I moved it over. I'll see if that does it.

Thanks