What's new

HAving PRoblems THat I NEver HAd BEfore (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Ever since I've had my new computer (Dell), I've noticed a strange phenomenon. Every once in a while, I'll notice that whenever I type a word with an initial cap, the second letter gets capitalized as well. FOr example....(actually, I was going to write an example and I noticed I accidentally did it when I wrote "For") :angry:

Now I've been using computers for years and I've never run into this before so I really can't say it's the way I'm typing.

I also have a Dell at work and I do the same thing. I wonder if these new keyboards are the culprit? i.e. I wonder if the shift key doesn't release as fast as I think it does?

Anyone else have this problem? I've noticed this phenomenon in other peoples posts so I don't think it's just me.

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Look at your keyboard properties in the Control Panel. I bet your repeat rate is too slow or your repeat delay too long. Mess around with those settings and see if you can rid yourself of the problem.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
My repeat rate was already on Fast. My Repeat delay wasn't completely on short, so I moved it over. I'll see if that does it.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks