Having hard time pulling trigger on InFocus 4805

Discussion in 'Displays' started by micah bjj, Jul 20, 2004.

1. micah bjj

micah bjj Stunt Coordinator

This decision has become really tough for me. I was originally going to get the 4805, but due to it not being true HD I passed on it and worked my way toward the Sony HS20.

Now that TV authority is having a package special where you get the 4805 and a 106" screen for cheaper than most sell the 4805 by itself I am tempted again.

The main drawback (the only one that I know of) is the lack of true High Definition. Is there any negatives to this projector?

I figure if I did get a HD projector I would have to buy the HD receiver, HD dish and satelite receiver, and then the HD programming. It kind of seems like it is not worth it just for a couple high def channels.

Anyone have any feeling on this projector and not having a high def projector?

2. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

You could also consider the Benq 8700+ in place of the Sony HS20. Although, I guess the HS20 is a lot easier to demo in your area.

3. micah bjj

micah bjj Stunt Coordinator

I really have not found much to demo in my area. I live in a big city but it seems everyone just carries Sharp projectors. I have not really been impressed with those.

4. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

Micah, it's a tradeoff. You'll get better contrast and black levels out of the DLP pj, but less resolution. It depends on what is important to you.

HD does look quite excellent on a 480p projector. Better than DVD. But not true HD resolution.

I would say it depends on how much of each source you watch. DVD vs TV.