What's new

Having a problem with my newly installed D* receivers.. (1 Viewer)

Keir H

Second Unit
I just got the basic rec's installed for two rooms and standard dishes..I am now trying to spiff up the output buy taking advantage of the S-video connections on my hdtv. I thought it look pretty bad using coax going to the tv so I used a spare s-video cable I had laying around and found that when I connected it to the tv, I get only black and white and some color that goes in and out of my display (Panny 47"). Since I got two boxes I tried the other on and the same thing, even switching out cables! :frowning: SO I am thinking I have 2 lemon boxes although audio is fine (analog only) and composite video is fine too. I am stuck using composite until I can figure out what to do. THese boxes are the basic (and slow!) Philips models. I will be upgrading to an affordable HD box very soon but I still would like to take advantage of S-video while I can. thanks for any help!

Jeff O.

Stunt Coordinator
Keir,

That sounds like a bad S-video cable to me. I have had it happen before. Look closely at both ends of the cable and make sure one of the pins isn't bent. The fact that it happened on both boxes further suggests this.

Jeff

Keir H

Second Unit
Thanks Jeff, I dont think I have tried that. Hopefully its not the input on my tv. I have had digital cable there though and it worked fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks