Have you switched from DLP to LCD projector ?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Jim Mcc, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Producer

Feb 11, 2004
    I'm wondering if any of you have switched from a DLP projector to an LCD projector? If so, was it for any reason other than seeing rainbows? How did it work out for you?
    I have the Infocus X1 and am considering upgrading to the Infocus 4805, but I've been reading about the flicker problem and I'm not sure now. Does it affect all 4805's, and is it a minor thing? I'm also considering an LCD HD projector like the Sanyo Z2(great deal now) because I do watch some HDTV also. Has anyone compared the Z2 and 4805?
  2. John DeSantis

John DeSantis Stunt Coordinator

Nov 18, 1999
    I just got the 4805 about 10 days ago. My first experience with a PJ. From what I understand and have been told here...
    software version 1.0.2 has a sync problem (voice lag) I have not noticed it. Infocus has a firmware update that corrects the problem but introduces some random flickering in the dark areas of the image. They are still working on a solution for that.

I've decided to wait until there is a version that corrects all issues. That said, I really like this thing. But then, it's my first. I have no other experience with other Brands. In fact I haven't even seen another setup.

Most here really love their 4805. I would agree that with DVD or HD signals, it looks very good even though it is extended Def.

Hope that helps.