What's new

Have you seen David Blaine's Magic? (1 Viewer)

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Blaine's best tricks (IMO) are his card tricks--which, unfortunately, you don't get to see too much of in the special.

He was on Conan O'Brien a few years back (when he was just breaking out on the scene) and the card tricks he did were simply awesome, in the literal sense of the word. Conan was totally freaked out and was worried that Blaine might steal his soul or something (okay, I'm exaggerating a bit but that's the way I remember it).

The card tricks are the good ones. I first saw David Blaine on Conan, and I remember Conan getting all freaked out (not as much doctoring their I would hope). One of the tricks that he did was when one of the cards was folded in half and then put in the middle of the deck so that you could see it. Then it just jumps to the top of the deck. I was freaked out by it too.

On the special I watched the same trick a few more times have figured out how he did it, but I'm still quite impressed by it, it takes some fancy finger work to do it correctly.

After I saw the special, I quickly got on the net to find out how the levitation was done, and sadly found the same explaniation that Bill gave. I was really disappointed that the most hyped trick of the show was just deceptive editing (moreso than any of the others).

The card tricks are still fun to watch though.

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
Here's a Link Removed that gives the secrets to many of Blaine's tricks.
The cigarette-through-the-quarter trick looks very impressive; you can buy it (the trick quarter) for $25. Would be cool to have.
Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.