1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Have you owned, managed or worked in a UK movie theater? I need your help!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Weinberg, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Since being a 'semi-professional' movie critic doesn't nearly pay my rent, I often take on all sorts of interesting freelance gigs. (Eagle-eyed After Hours devotees may remember my articles on gambling from a few months back.)

Anyway, I just got a "rush job" and I'm having a little trouble.

Here's what I need:

Information (of any kind) on theater ticketing systems used in the UK. Yes, the actual machinery/computer systems that spits the tickets out!

Manufacturer names, hardware, software, etc.

Any websites or articles that might pertain to this topic would also be greatly appreciated.

I know this is a long shot, but I'd bet there's somebody across the pond who can help me out on this. Thanks!

2. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    Scott,
    You may want to go to Film-Tech and ask this question on their message boards - the "Ground Level" and "Film Handler" forums, specifically. They have a lot of UK members on the site and the information there is almost always accurate.
    Good luck with the article!