What's new

Have you missed the Mcrib? (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
polished off a 30 pack of White Castles in 3 days
3 days? What took you so long? We used to polish off 30 of em (and more) in one stoned, drunk late night stop at the "it's late, you're effed up, and we're open" White Castle next to the Commack Motor Inn.

BOMBERS!

Sheesh, I feel queasy just being nostalgic about it.

MC

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
They may be planning to get rid of it for good. I saw a sign at McDonald's that said, "Bye bye McRib," and they have billboards saying, "The McRib Farewell Tour."

Or, judging from mcrib.com it's a stunt. I don't personally care either way. I'm more sorry that Taco Bueno got rid of the Bueno Burger.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
I really like the McRib and didn't know it was back (haven't seen the commercial) until about a week ago. Unfortunately, the McD's nearby work doesn't have them, so I have to make a special trip for them.

I wish they would make them a regular menu item, as it's the only sandwich of McD's I like. I always thought the reason why they only have them periodically was because of pricing - profitable at only certain times; when they could get pork at a special price, but MikeAlletto's post makes more sense.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
When I was in college at UNC-Charlotte, we used to have McRibs two days a month in the upperclassmen cafeteria. Having been on the small meal plan (only 10 meals a week) I would eat about six in a sitting. They were the exact same thing as the ones served at McD's, onions and everything. Sort of answers the question as to why I gained 20 pounds that year.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
The only fast food cravings I ever get are for Burger King's french fries.

Can't say that I have ever had a McRib, but they don't look to pleasant based on this blog I read last year sometime about a fellow who ate nothing but McRib for a whole month .

The McRib came out in 1981 and was on the permanent menu for a few years until they took it off and just brought it back occassionally.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Chillin' with my clown-man Ronnie in his McCrib..... ya know what I'm talkin' about ?
sorry - missed my evening medication....

E

Eric Kahn

I hope my local mcdonalds has them, now I want one, sounds like lunch tommorow for me (if they have them)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks