Have you missed the Mcrib?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by dave_brogli, Mar 12, 2003.

1. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

Oh my god this McDonalds commercial has to have been on 500 times in the past week or so. Maybee I just watch to much tv. I dont know.

But all I have in my head is

HAVE YOU MISSED ME???

I MISSED YOU TO!!!

That has got to be THE most annoying commercial. I dont want to see it anymore. I jsut need this stupid song outta my head.

2. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

Insert reference to Simpsons episode about Homer's addiction to the McRib. I love how they used Requiem for a Dream each time he ate one.

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    [​IMG] thats the first thing i remembered when i saw the title.. Homer's McRib addiction

4. Paul_Medenwaldt

Paul_Medenwaldt Supporting Actor

Granted that commerical is annoying but you are remembering the slogon, and thats excactly what the advertisers want you to do.

wouldn't a juicy mcrib taste good right about now!

Paul

5. StephenK

StephenK Stunt Coordinator

Hi, my name is Steve and I'm a rib-aholic.

I have to come clean and say I love this sandwich. Whenever it "comes back" to a local McD's, I eat them 3 or 4 times a week.

In fact, if I knew where they were serving them in my area, I'd probably go way out of my way to have one. Not quite Simpsons Rib-Head status but close.

They really must put some narcotic in that sauce! Unfortunately, I haven't seen that commercial so maybe it's only in your area [​IMG]

6. Yoshi Sugawara

Yoshi Sugawara Stunt Coordinator

Why don't they make the McRib a regular menu item?? They sell like pancakes when they're available.

I just don't understand McDonalds these days. They seem to make horrible decisions regarding what new menu items to release (grilled chicken flatbread? arch deluxe??) - it's no wonder they're in the red right now.

The wierd thing is, is that McD's is much better overseas. I was in Japan this past week - they have a really good teriyaki burger and a chicken sandwich over there. Instead of spending so much on annoying marketing campaigns, why don't they just bring over their overseas-only menu and bring it over here and call it McWorld or something? Maybe feature a few countries every week?

7. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Mmmm, teriyaki burger. My wife regales me with tales of this burger.

I tend to believe that McD tries harder overseas.

8. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

I too love the McRib. I ate one a couple of weeks ago. Went to order another a few days back and "Sorry, we no longer have that item." What gives?

It's like Burger King and the 99 cent Whopper. When they have it, the suckers sell like mad. Then you go one day and the same sandwich is $1.49, or $1.99, and it's like, "No thanks, I'll take my business elsewhere."

I've always loved McD's breakfast burritos, but at $2 each and considering it takes 3 to fill me up, I rarely bought them. At $1 (current price for the past 6+ months) and the fact that they're available all day long now, I buy one every time I eat there - just as a little something extra to munch on. But in some amount of time they'll go back up to $2 and they won't sell them anymore and some executive is going to wonder why.

9. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

The sauce for mcrib is basically the bbq sauce for the nuggets, except it comes in a big tub. The way they actually make the rib piece is its frozen and comes in a box just like the burger patties. Its put on a clam grill just like the burgers. The only difference is when they are finished cooking they get taken out and dumped into the heated vat of the sauce and there they sit until requested.

At least thats how it was 12 years or so ago. Probably the reason they don't keep them all the time is that they have to convert over one of the cooking clams to a different height to cook them and I believe the temp and time is different. Its really no big deal, just close the clam and turn 4 big handles on the top, and reset the temp and time at the bottom of the grill. But during a lunch its a pain to have to either keep cleaning the grill then switching over then switching back or you have 1 less grill available.

10. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Now I want a McRib for dinner. Are they still available?

/Mike

11. Scott_lb

Scott_lb Supporting Actor

I don't miss the McRib, however, I really miss my favorite McDonald's sandwich of all time- the Cheddar Melt. I wish they'd bring it back!

12. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

March = Shamrock Shakes

Yummy

13. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I drove by McDonalds yesterday to buy a McRib, but they didn't have it on the menu (I even asked). [​IMG]

/Mike

14. dave_brogli

dave_brogli Screenwriter

i love shamrock shakes

15. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    I LOVE and CRAVE these things!!!! Back when they only came out once in a while I would buy a bunch and freeze them!!!! I was in heaven when they went on the $1.00 menu!!!

I must be watching the wrong TV channels..I haven't seen a single one of these ads.

BTW...My oldest, Greg, and I polished off a 30 pack of White Castles in 3 days!!!!!

Do I have a problem? [​IMG]

16. MikeAlletto

17. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

Dude, clean out the car a bit more often [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sorry, I saw the shot and had to take it.

18. MikeAlletto

19. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

What the hell does Shamrock taste like?

It's been over 10(?) years since I've last had a McRib...all this talk is making me nostalgic. I'm going to get a couple tonight.

If I cannot find a McD's that sells 'em, I'll settle for White Castle sliders - a decade ago, I'd surprise myself and eat 10 in one sitting. I thought they were like potato chips...I couldn't eat just one (or two, or 7).

20. MikeAlletto