What's new

Have you heard what Monster Cable is doing? (1 Viewer)

Joe D

Supporting Actor
Can I trademark the word "The". Or how about the letter "A". Or how about all the vowels. That should reduce the amount of brands that are on the market.

What a waste.

Brian:Thomas

Auditioning
I am not only into HT but motorcycles also. I own a Ducati 900 SS. In the Ducati line of bikes the Ducati Monster was introduced about 5 or so years ago. Ducati offers Monster boots, Monster Dog sunglasses, T-shirts, Pins, Decals, Hats, Jackets,key chanes, Minature bikes as well as 7 Monster full sized bikes.

Monster Cable---Good luck suing an Italian company. I will never buy a product from your company. Every time I take a Monster S*!T, I'll be thinking of you......

Ps the movie Monster starred Charlize Theron and Christine Ricci.

PhilBoy

Second Unit
Sounds like they should take a Mon$ter honk on bobo...

Not to be confused with the Moonstar Cattle Co.

Scott_Jua

Stunt Coordinator
This is a shame since I was looking forward to some Klipsch Speakers sometime in the future...

Assuming Klipsch is still wiring with Monster brand internals...

anyone?

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Scott:

I no longer see ANY reference to Monster Cable on Klipsch's site.

I general site search yeilds 3 results for their computer speakers - for wiring kits.

I do not think the speakers contain Monster Cable anymore.

Even if they did, don't sweat it, it isn't a big deal, just buy the speakers you like.

Hmmmm, maybe Bose should use Monster Cable to wire their speakers :D

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah, i certainly wouldn't exclude klipsch speakers just because they use monster wire (i thought it was jbl that did this?) ... klipsch make some decent speakers.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Woohoo! Klipsch makes another smart business decision!

Guess it wasn't much of a selling point to justify the price, and this latest episode with Mon$ter is a added bonus that Klipsch does not have to deal with.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Just watched the latest episode of Monster House which was doing the Cat Club in LA. They are always giving airtime to companies that offer goods and this time it was Monster Cable's Noel Lee with a complete sound system for the club. So I take it they struck a deal.

TimRP

Stunt Coordinator
I just about droped a monster load in my pants when I saw Mr. Lee with his amps and power center on Monster House.

nysulli

Auditioning
anyone try that snow monsters link, interestingly enough after clicking the snow monsters link on the top right, i came up with an error, providing me with a link to monstercable/index.cfm

this is just disgusting, i for one will not ever buy another monstercable product, nor will i allow my friends to, there are plenty of other companies who supply just as good a cable for less

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
Mi kid, who is sometimes a monster, and not just on Halloween, when there are lots of monsters such as Frankenstein, etc., is a fan of monster trucks.

I guess my kid will have to do a lemonaid stand now to pay for his lawyer...

D

Of course, he sometimes rides cable cars, and I have a cable knit sweater... uh oh.

Jason/\J/\G

Auditioning
Companies have always been doing this kind of stuff, it's nothing new. How about a boycott of Welch's for trying to patent the method of making a crustless peanut butter and jelly sandwitch. :)

Vance Bass

Auditioning
Real Name
Mr Busyhands
Folks, go back to the first post of the thread and he points us to stopthemonster.com.
On that site, we discover that the whole thing was bogus and that the SnowMonsters people and the Monster Cable people are on great terms.

It's another urban myth, in other words. We don't need to discuss how evil anyone is anymore. It's over.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
Vance,

I'm mythtifyed... not certain I'd agree it was an urban myth. Maybe some parties have come to an agreement /resolution with Monster Cable - doesn't mean that the stuff did not happen at all prior to the resolution. Of course after the whole matter is resolved both parties make nice with each other.

I'm pretty sure stopthemonster.com had something else on the front page prior to the letter of Jan 10 (wish I had kept a screenshot, because I should know better webpages can be updated)

Looks like the case against Monster Vintage has been dropped, but they still have some material on their page. Still a mythtery?

Tim_

Stunt Coordinator
Good thread to keep me updated on Monster Cable stuff. May be someone outta put a thread for hi-end cable choice other then Monster. Cause Monster is the only name I recongized as Hi-End audo/video cable company.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks