What's new

Have You Heard These? (1 Viewer)

Clyde Metz

Agent
I have been looking for a new set of speakers and have read a little, and I mean little because I haven't found much, about the following speakers. Does any one have these or audition these makes? If you bought them can you tell me where? And of course what are their good/bad points.

EarthQuake Orbital Saturn Speakers
Saturn 3611
Saturn 2511
Saturn 1511

Meadowlark
Kestrl 2 Swift Osprey
Swan Cinema Center Same Same
Swallow bookshelf Same Same

Monitor Audio
Silver S10
Silver SLCR
Silver SFX

I realize these are not the popular speakers mentioned a lot but I though I'd try. Thank you.
Clyde

Mike Bassi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike Bassi
I have heard the Meadowlarks and the Monitor audios. It's a different sound altogether. I did think for the price that the Meadowlarks were very very good. I thought there were better then the Monitor Audios. just my personal opinion.

Cheers
Mike

Khoa Tran

Supporting Actor
Earthquake's saturn line isn't that great....their amps and subwoofers are top notch but their fullrange speakers aren't up there....

Kevin*Harley

Stunt Coordinator
I auditioned many speakers including B&W, Polk, Paradigm, Def Tech, M&K, and Monitor Audio. For me it came down to the B&W’s and MA. I really enjoy the laid back, smooth, warm feeling these speakers give. My needs were 60% music / 40% movies.
I ended up with the Silver S8’s and SLCR (current Infinity Sterling TS for rear surrounds). The S10’s were a little big (dimension) for my wife so I put the money saved into a better sub.
Had the speakers now for just over 1 month and couldn’t be happier!!!!
I am running them with a Denon 3803 and they sound better in my home than at the store. Vocals are extremely precise and detailed, great midrange along with the smooth, warm characteristics that made me look at MA in the first place. The S8’s only have (2) 6” bass drivers but still put out a considerable about of lows. The S10’s have (2) 7” bass drivers and did give more of a punch but still not enough for my taste. I bought a Velodyne HGS-15 to make up for the lows and together they sound incredible.
During movies the SLCR is exceptionally clear, always sounds natural and blends seamlessly with the S8’s.

Although, I didn’t have a chance to hear the other speakers you mentioned, I can tell you that the MA’s have consistently put a smile on my face for the last month.

If I can answer any specific questions let me know.

Kevin

Denon 3803
MA Silver S8
MA SLCR
Infinity Sterling TS
Velodyne HGS-15

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
While I don't know anything about the Earthquakes you will find many Monitor and Meadowlark devotees on the discussion boards over at audiogon.com

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
The Meadowlark speakers are a time/phase coherent design (like Vandersteen and Thiel). When I auditioned these I preferred the looks of the Meadowlark & Thiel but gave the edge in sound quality to Vandersteen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks