Have you Googled yourself?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Apr 15, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Apparently, according to Google, I'm a student in Hamburg, Germany, or a JP Morgan exec in Hong Kong. [​IMG]

2. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

Coincidentally, I did this just the other day out of curiousity.

Sure enough, the only thing I'm known for on the Internet, is my ramblings here at HTF. No hits, otherwise.:b

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Yep. Effin' "Growing Pains"...

4. Kirk Gunn

Kirk Gunn Screenwriter

I had quite a few hits from the Yahoo Group of my High School alumni and my not-so-great sailboat racing results...

Nothing incriminating (which is a relief)

5. Steve Tannehill

Steve Tannehill Ambassador

Steve Tannehill
    The only surprise is that photo of me with Earl the Dead Cat...

- Steve

6. Mark Schermerhorn

Mark Schermerhorn Second Unit

Well, the first hit really is me, it's some pictures I took at a concert which are now on the fan website.
    A few hits down the list there is a post from some newsgroup stating "I need a dwarf for a stag party". Dear god, I don't even want to know. No, it's not me [​IMG]

7. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

I just did this recently and found my site is finally being picked up. Not that there is anything there really but its good to see. However there are a lot of hits with my name, which is pretty rare. As far as I know I'm unique, but apparently a quite prolofic author of Power Point presentations on the web. [​IMG] This is a result of a job I had where I wrote software to translate from Corel Presentations to Power Point. My name got stuck in the resulting PPT file, and people have been translating those to HTML and my name sticks. So all the occurences of my name I am responsible for in some way.
    The funniest thing is I told a friend about the presentations and he searched on my name but mistyped it, Google actually suggested the correct spelling. [​IMG] How cool is that?

8. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Oooh! I'm a technology consultant for HiSoftware. I'm printing this out for the 'ol resume file. [​IMG]

9. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I just did, only one correct reference to me (something I wrote about the Kenwood VR-309 receiver).

/Mike

10. Jared_B

Jared_B Supporting Actor

Wow.

Aparently I'm an avid mountain biker, a football linebacker, a prep leaque baseball player, a murderer, a band member, a chior singer, a wrestler, and the Managing Editor for a school newspaper. Oh, and I also play men's lacrosse.

(only one of the above is about me)

11. paul o'donnell

paul o'donnell Second Unit

There's a guy in Ireland with the same name as me running a site about the origins of my surname. Learning some rather cool stuff here [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

Well, let's see...I'm an associate professor of microbiology at the Univ. of Georgia, captain of a championship fly fishing team, proud restorer of a 1920 Cletrac tractor (with additional family name similarities too spooky to mention!), reporter for the Kansas City Star, Arkansas police officer, All-Star swimmer, racecar driver, play director (with more spooky name similarities), and karate instructor. The last one has a particularly amusing quote: "Character and commitment are what Tim Hoover is all about. Some people talk about those traits, Hoover lives them..." That sounds like a cheesy movie.
    Apparently I'm also a prolific and well-respected musician, but sadly that's the wrong Tim Hoover [​IMG]
    All right! I'm also a Florida state senator!
    I could go on and on with this. The other Tim Hoovers all have some pretty cool lives, while I'm a struggling musician and tire factory worker.

13. Daren Welsh

Daren Welsh Supporting Actor

I really didn't expect to find so much stuff about me. Apparantly my name is also the name of a Welsh cave.
    Also, I must have been pretty drunk when I added my 2 cents to the Late Sleeper's Bill of Rights because I don't remember doing this.
    Other notables include the Washington State Space Consortium listing me for my participation in a college design competition and an annual report from the Oregon Dept. of Transportation on road conditions (I was one of the "raters").
    It's good to see it at least picked up the home page for my site.

14. Jon_Are

Jon_Are Cinematographer

15. ken thompson

ken thompson Second Unit

Apparantly I invented UNIX. Now where's my money?

16. James St

James St Supporting Actor

I'm CEO of Accenture. We must not be doing very well since I'm always broke. I better call a meeting on this.[​IMG]

17. Kyle Richardson

Kyle Richardson Screenwriter

I'm a punter for the Baltamore Ravens [​IMG]

18. Max Knight

Max Knight Supporting Actor

I'm an Ultra Spy:

"Max Knight: Ultra Spy" is a television movie about a young, hip "James Bond-type" super spy.

A hero in a romance novel:

"A wealthy businessman and owner of MK enterprises"

A famous agent runner for MI-5:

"He is probably most famous for his career as a British spy-master during World War II, having joined MI5 in April of 1925. Knight's close friend in MI5 was Ian Fleming, the author of numerous books about James Bond. In fact when Fleming was designing the character for Bond's boss whom he simply named 'M', he used his friend Maxwell Knight as the model."

Cool!

Who knew I got arround so much?

19. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron

20. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

There were actually two correct references to me!
    The surprising one was from a message board dated 03/98. It was a message I posted to a Hans Zimmer board asking about a soundtrack. Weeeeird. [​IMG]