What's new

Have you ever traded sets? (1 Viewer)

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Just last night I traded Land of the Lost The Complete Series, Miami Vice S1, and Charlie's Angels S1 and 2 for

Mad about You 1 to 3, and Diffrent Strokes S2. Not a great loss. But heck trade some to get some.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Dean,

I've never got into the Trading scene but I've been thinking about that more and more lately. Now I wish I had kept my Lost In Space Season 1 set since someone here might have been interested in making a trade for that one. I think one of the reasons I haven't entered the trading scene is that I've been fortunate to have bought TV/DVD sets that I've wanted to keep in the library, with that one LIS exception. I did watch that entire set but I found that this one didn't hold up as well for me as my other sets. I'm a Time Tunnel fanatic and have the "Voyage...Sea" S1 set so it wasn't an Irwin Allen thing about LIS.

I have loaned out and borrowed a couple of sets and that has worked well for me so far. That's how I watched "Firefly" from a friend's set. Good series but it saved me $$'s since it wasn't enough for me to add it to the collection.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
Jeff, that's interesting that you brought up LIS, because I feel much the same way. And it's really the only series I'm that way about--the rest I feel assured about staying in my library long term. Well, OK, maybe if I think a bit about UFO...

At the time I purchased Seasons 1 and 3 of LIS (didn't care enough to buy S2) it was one of the few series in my tv/dvd collection. So I was a bit less selective in my purchasing. But I too find that this series does not hold up as well for me as TT or VTTBOTS. I'm seeing many more technical & production flaws and lapses in logic in this series than I did some 20 or so years ago. It doesn't help that the transfers look rather substandard by TT and VTTBOTS standards, especially in the case of S3.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I've traded a couple of things in the past. I picked up Mr. Show as a blind buy (s1-2) and didn't really care for it that much, so I ended up trading it for some South Park that I knew I'd re-watch a bit more. If you can find some reliable folks to trade with, it can be a great thing to get a new set to watch if you've tired of watching a particular show. I have a number of shows that I'd love to trade for something else at some point, but I haven't sensed much interest in the trading circles at this point.

Rodrick

Second Unit
Uh well if you call it that.

I did it at Blockbuster Video. Yes in fact they call it that too.

I only got $15 for a few individual sets. I think they only give you up to $5 per disc on each set or movie.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
The only series I'd even consider unloading at this point would be "The Osbournes". It's been years since "2 1/2" was released, and at this point I think it would be highly unlikely that the remainder of the series will be released. This summer would've been a golden opportunity too, with Ozzy's "Black Rain" album just released, and Sharon as one of the judges on "America's Got Talent".

For the most part I've managed to collect shows that are either completed (or near to completion). So besides "The Osbournes" I wouldn't ever consider trading or getting rid of any of my other sets.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks