What's new

Have you ever suddenly stopped liking a food? (1 Viewer)

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I have recently (within the last month) stopped liking hamburgers. The thought of a greasy burger, which I used to love, now almost makes me naseous.

I'm kinda attributing it to stress and mental fatigue, brought on by my wife's recent hospitalization (she had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and almost died. Much better now, though). But I really confused why this happened.

I also noticed that I couldn't eat a pork chop the other day. The taste made me gag.

Man, if I start hating Pizza, there will be nothing left for me to eat!

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Well, my mother tells me I loved eating sweet potatoes as a kid... so much so she said I had an orange tint to my skin. ;) I don't touch them now.
Other than those distant items, which I don't even remember, I've never stopped eating any foods I love. However my wife and her mother both have a strong dislike of banana's and banana pudding. Both are due to sudden illnesses they got after eating a bad batch. Likewise my wife now avoids any chicken cooked in chinese restraunts, as she got a bad case of food poisoning from kung pow chicken once.
However other than due to food poisoning, nobody I knows has just started disliking a food they formerly craved.

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I've stopped liking foods I used to like. I used to love spaghetti and any pasta with a tomato-based sauce. Not any more. I dont mind tomatoes, but its the sauce that gets to me.

I've also gone the opposite way. I never used to like french fries until all of a sudden. Now I can't seem to get enough of the suckers, with ketchup I might add, which I also didn't used to like.

Bob Sheen

Stunt Coordinator
No burgers, no porkchops, what's next ? Maybe you're turning into a vegetarian. Can you live in MO and not eat steak ?

Bob

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
When I was younger I got food poisoning off of Lasagna and now can't look at it without getting sick.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
Yeah, Bob, I've already been asked about becoming a Vegan, but there's no way I could give up a great KC Strip (Notice I did not call it a New York Strip. East coasters stole our cut of meat ;) ) I'm eating tons of chicken, too. Just no fish. Have never liked fish!
I can understand not liking something after getting food poisoning, but this was just a "one day I like it, the next it repulses me" thing. Too weird!

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I used to not mind pizza. But then a couple of years ago I just couldn't eat them. A year later, my DNA told my body to stop producing any lactose enzyme, so it might be related to that, since pizza is all about the cheese. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks