Have you ever suddenly stopped liking a food?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Randy Tennison, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    I have recently (within the last month) stopped liking hamburgers. The thought of a greasy burger, which I used to love, now almost makes me naseous.

I'm kinda attributing it to stress and mental fatigue, brought on by my wife's recent hospitalization (she had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and almost died. Much better now, though). But I really confused why this happened.

I also noticed that I couldn't eat a pork chop the other day. The taste made me gag.

Man, if I start hating Pizza, there will be nothing left for me to eat!

2. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

Well, my mother tells me I loved eating sweet potatoes as a kid... so much so she said I had an orange tint to my skin. [​IMG] I don't touch them now.
    Other than those distant items, which I don't even remember, I've never stopped eating any foods I love. However my wife and her mother both have a strong dislike of banana's and banana pudding. Both are due to sudden illnesses they got after eating a bad batch. Likewise my wife now avoids any chicken cooked in chinese restraunts, as she got a bad case of food poisoning from kung pow chicken once.
    However other than due to food poisoning, nobody I knows has just started disliking a food they formerly craved.

3. Leila Dougan

Leila Dougan Screenwriter

I've stopped liking foods I used to like. I used to love spaghetti and any pasta with a tomato-based sauce. Not any more. I dont mind tomatoes, but its the sauce that gets to me.

I've also gone the opposite way. I never used to like french fries until all of a sudden. Now I can't seem to get enough of the suckers, with ketchup I might add, which I also didn't used to like.

4. Bob Sheen

Bob Sheen Stunt Coordinator

No burgers, no porkchops, what's next ? Maybe you're turning into a vegetarian. Can you live in MO and not eat steak ?

Bob

5. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    When I was younger I got food poisoning off of Lasagna and now can't look at it without getting sick.

6. Randy Tennison

Randy Tennison Screenwriter

Randy
    Yeah, Bob, I've already been asked about becoming a Vegan, but there's no way I could give up a great KC Strip (Notice I did not call it a New York Strip. East coasters stole our cut of meat [​IMG] ) I'm eating tons of chicken, too. Just no fish. Have never liked fish!
    I can understand not liking something after getting food poisoning, but this was just a "one day I like it, the next it repulses me" thing. Too weird!

7. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

I used to not mind pizza. But then a couple of years ago I just couldn't eat them. A year later, my DNA told my body to stop producing any lactose enzyme, so it might be related to that, since pizza is all about the cheese. [​IMG]