What's new

Have you ever ben moved to tears by a piece of music? (1 Viewer)

chris_atl

Auditioning
My first post on HTF and it's about crying! AHHHHHHHH!

Well, I believe musical pieces connected to personal experiences are the most touching.

I have a really hard time listening to "Yellow" by Coldplay for personal reasons.

ANYTHING by Portishead live, ecspecially "Roads".

Mozart's Requiem is powerful enough to draw tears.

Neil Young's voices can do it too.

And "Bankrupt on Selling" by Modest Mouse.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
The fact that I think Bach was mistaken doesn't alter the fact that I think the B-minor Mass is one of the greatest pinnacles of human achievement. It still absolutely moves me to tears to hear it. I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting. But it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously.

Richard Hardbattle

Stunt Coordinator
I've only just caught this great thread.

For me, there are lots - but the whole of Dylans Blood on the Tracks album just wrenches deep inside of me.

"If you see her, say hello" must be the most lonely love song ever.

Also have a soft spot for "Stolen Car" from Springsteens The River.....

Rich

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
For me it is Jimmy Webb singing his rendition of his song Galveston. He sings it as a haunting ballad. When I listened to the lyrics, I realized this is really an anti-war song. Give his rendition a listen. You will be amazed at how much better it is than Glen Campbell's.
Another song that brings tears is 10,000 Miles by Mary Chapin Carpenter. This song was featured, ata very effective moment in the movie Fly Away Home.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I watched the Sound of Music last year for the first time in a long time, and the scene where the children are singing to the Governess, the part where Captain Von Trapp starts to sing with them...man.

Elmer Bernstein's Far From Heaven soundtrack. I was flipping through the picture gallery at the movie's website while listening to this one time, and I came upon a certain picture, and the soundtrack was at a certain point, perfect.

Journey to the Line, a track from The Thin Red Line soundtrack by Hans Zimmer. I heard this for the first time when I saw the Pearl Harbor trailer in theaters, and if it weren't for the music, I probably wouldn't have started choking up. I don't think I will ever be so moved by a trailer ever again.

Greg Smith

Grip
Terry Jacks "Seasons In the Sun"

Seems like I would always be in the car with my mom and driving past a cemetery when the song came on the radio. Strange memory.

Ok, look, I don't CRY when I hear it, but it does evoke emotion. Geez!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks