What's new

Have u seen "What the Bleep Do We Know? Down the Rabbit Hole" (1 Viewer)

Steve Ridges

Stunt Coordinator
I got a card in the mail advertising a movie called "What the Bleep? Down the Rabbit Hole". I've never heard of it before and never received a card in the mail advertising ANY movie. Intrigued, I went to the website (www.whatthebleep.com) and looked at some of the trailers. The slit video looked interesting but I can't tell if this is a legit movie or just an advertisement for Scientology or something like that. Has anyone seen it? What's it really about?

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
It's just an advertisement for a Scientology-like bullshit thang (actually, heh, "the Ramtha School of Enlightenment").

Truthfully, there's some accurate, interesting discussion about subatomic physics by real live scientists (some of whom later were aghast at being included in the project when they found out what it was all about), but mostly the blatherings of a woman channeling Ramtha.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I did a quick search after reading your post a bit closer, realizing that I was talking about a movie called "What the [Bleep] Do We Know?!", which is a bit different than the title of your film. Turns out, their releasing a "director's cut" or some such thing under the title you've given. Here's some more info:

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I went to see this with my girlfriend in theaters.

Worst movie I've ever seen. in my entire life.

As we were walking out, there was another couple in the elevator standing beside us that were discussing how deep and insightful and powerful it was and I had a sudden urge to drop my coat and car key and attack them.

Rod

Agent
It's not as bad as all that. At least the physics part. The story that revolves around the Marlee Matlin character is lame and confusing, but the discussion about the interconnections between consciousness and theoretical physics is intriguing. Edit that out and place it in its rightful place in a PBS series on superstring theory and you might have something. In its present status on DVD ... maybe worth a rental.

-Rod

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
you're meant to take this seriously? I just watched the first version of what the bleep do we know and it's fun with goofy animation in a some goofy story about Marlee Matlin bizarrely mixed with a pseudo documentary about quantum, in a pseudo Terry Pratchett style.

I found it interesting, but didn't take it seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks