Have most of the DVD-A releases been released on SACD also ?

Discussion in 'Music' started by anthony_b, Jul 14, 2004.

1. anthony_b

anthony_b Screenwriter

I've seen that lately there's a lot of duplicate music being produced for DVD-A and SACD....I sold MY DVD-A player and I'm not sure if I should purchase another one or trade my DVD-A's for the SACD versions. Is there a site that would indicate if my discs are available in both formats ?

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Universal is the one doing both formats and many of the DVD-As are available on both formats. You can look at www.sa-cd.net for what is coming or available on SACD. You would have a tough time trading and I would just get a universal player and get the software you like regardless of format. The new Toshiba (single disc) is $180 list (the have a changer for $200 list) and the new Pioneer is $200 list.

3. AricB

AricB Second Unit

I have not heard the best things about past Tosh dvda players, but the Pioneers have been well received for the money. Depending on what kind of music you like there has been some duplicity by Universal for some of their pop/rock titles, but one format usually comes out months before the other. I can only think of 3 that I own on sacd that came out later on dvd-a. tommy, gbybr, and beck, actually 4 steely dan gaucho. there are others, but I wasnt that interested in them.