What's new

Have most of the DVD-A releases been released on SACD also ? (1 Viewer)

anthony_b

Screenwriter
I've seen that lately there's a lot of duplicate music being produced for DVD-A and SACD....I sold MY DVD-A player and I'm not sure if I should purchase another one or trade my DVD-A's for the SACD versions. Is there a site that would indicate if my discs are available in both formats ?

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Universal is the one doing both formats and many of the DVD-As are available on both formats. You can look at www.sa-cd.net for what is coming or available on SACD. You would have a tough time trading and I would just get a universal player and get the software you like regardless of format. The new Toshiba (single disc) is $180 list (the have a changer for $200 list) and the new Pioneer is $200 list.

AricB

Second Unit
I have not heard the best things about past Tosh dvda players, but the Pioneers have been well received for the money. Depending on what kind of music you like there has been some duplicity by Universal for some of their pop/rock titles, but one format usually comes out months before the other. I can only think of 3 that I own on sacd that came out later on dvd-a. tommy, gbybr, and beck, actually 4 steely dan gaucho. there are others, but I wasnt that interested in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks