Have large 3ft. x 4ft. Titanic Poster I want Lightbox made for it. Anyone?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by T r o y, Dec 5, 2002.

1. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

I have a 36" x 48" double sided Titanic Poster I obtained from my local mall back in 98 and it's been rolled up ever since. I don't want to just frame it in a regular frame, so I'm wanting to display it in a nice lightbox.
    However, as everyone knows, poster lightboxes can be very expensive$$.

I'm not very mechanical/handy when it comes to building things from drawings, plans, text, what have you.
    I would like to know if anyone on this forum has experience building home made lightboxes and would feel comfortable building one for me and my titanic poster ??

Like a said earlier, it's not your traditional 27"x40" size poster, but rather a 3 FOOT X 4 FOOT size.

If anyone is interested, Please email me or post here. I'd like to see any pics you might have showing the lightbox/es you've made for yourself or others. I'm trying to save as much money as possible for this lightbox.

Thanks
    troy

2. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

3. Bryan Michael

Bryan Michael Supporting Actor

this is how i made mine i got some 1x4 slect pine for the box and some 1x2 for the fraim i bult a box and put a backing bord on it actuley a rabbited a slot for it to make it stronger for the fraim i took the 1x2 and rounded over the edge and mightered the corners i also mad a resess for the 2 layers of plexi to sit in i atached the fraim to the box with a brass piano hinge and i hold it shut with a manitic thing like you find on a cabinet fot the lights i got 2 cheap $9 shop lights took them apart and used 3 out of the 4 lights i painted the fraim and box a semi gloss black
    cost 32 for 2 27x40 plexi
    15 for wood
    10 for hardware
    5 for paint
    20 for balasts
    15 for 3 36 in lights
    http://www.geocities.com/theirishgon...?1012628760656
    http://www.geocities.com/theirishgon...?1012628760656