1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Have HDdigital cable box using component hook up & getting small pic

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RayKk, Jun 27, 2002.

1. RayKk

RayKk Stunt Coordinator

I have a HD digital cable box using the component hook ups and Im getting a smaller picture on my regular channels, I get regular full screen when I use the composite and s video hook ups, so I have the component and composite s video hooked into their own jacks and switch back and forth on my Sony 36 XBR-450, is this right or am I doing something wrong,
    I new to this stuff and thought component would handle all
    Thanks
    Ray Kk

2. Jeffrey R

Jeffrey R Stunt Coordinator

The component connection is required to pass the HD signal, but when non-HD material is shown through the component inputs, the TV puts bars on all four sides of the screen, shrinking the picture. For non-HD material, you should watch using S-Video or composite, and switch the input on the TV. You have set it up correctly. I am using an HD cable box on the 43" Sony 4:3 HDTV, and I use S-Video for the non-HD channels.

3. RayKk

RayKk Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for your input Jeff, I do have it setup the ways you say and now I am satisfied.
    Thanks
    Ray Kk