Have Dish network..Thinking of changing to Direct TV..Should I?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by todd s, Mar 2, 2004.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I have Dishnetwork and I am thinking of changing over to Direct Tv for the following reasons:

-I want the Yes Network and Trio

-I can get a deal that gets me an HD receiver for a lot less than any deal I can get as a current dishnetwork customer.

Is their any else I can use to compare? For example does who has the better HD package Dish or Direct? Picture quality?

Thanks!

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Which deal is this?

-Robert

3. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Robert,

Directv & Dish(only for new cust.) have deals for HD receivers that run only a few 100 dollars.
    Also, how does it work with switching from Dish to Direct? I don't own the dish equip, so will they come get them and will Direct come down and set everything up?

Thanks

4. Mike Williams

Mike Williams Screenwriter

DirecTV carries the NFL Network. For right now, it is exclusive to DirecTV and the NFL Networ is FAN-tastic. NFL Films, Game of the Week in HD, and the one place for football season never ends.

I don't know if Dish currently carries HDNet or HDNet Movies, but DirecTV does. Being in NJ, you would also be able to pick up the New York feed of CBS in HD. Dish Network carries CBS HD as well, but at least it's something you wouldn't be sacrificing by moving to DirecTV. I've had DirecTV since Christmas of 2000 and love it! love it! love it!

5. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    That's how it should work. I owned my Dish equipment and just sold it here on the forum. I also installed my DirecTV equipment myself. I have a problem with other people messing with my stuff.

-Robert

6. Alf S

Alf S Banned
    BANNED

Alfer
    Check out this deal from DISH for new customers...free DVR and 2 free HDTV receivers, plus free install.

DISH DEAL