Have ATI 9700 TX graphics, want to incorporate PVR and burn DVDs. Help?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike Miskulin, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin Second Unit

Basically, I want to be able to capture video on my computer (mainly from cable (PVR w/ scheduled recording, etc.), but may run vhs into as well). I'd then like to burn the results onto DVD (I have a 4x DVD+R/RW).

I currently run a P4 2.4 w/512 mb PC1066 RAM, 128 mb ATI 9700 TX, and a 120 gb hard drive. I know I'll need a tv tuner card, but what else do I need to get the functions that I want up and running, and do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

mike.

2. Mike Miskulin

Mike Miskulin Second Unit

In order to record from a cable signal, would I just need to purchase a tuner card and then pick up some software to do the actual recording (such as Cyberlink's Power VCR II?)

mike.

3. Brian Ruth

Brian Ruth Supporting Actor

Mike:

I think the easiest thing to do in your situation would be to either get a seperate TV Tuner Card or replace your current Radeon 9700 with an All-In-Wonder 9700. I THINK adding the All-In-Wonder would be a better solution, but it happens to be an expensive solution. Up to you. [​IMG]