What's new

Have Any of You Had This Problem? (1 Viewer)

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
I have owned 3 Hitachi Big Screens in the last several years. Fortunately, I bought the extended warranty because they have all died on me or gone bad. I just had Gregg Loewen calibrate my tv this past summer and now, once again, the exact same problem happens. The screen is going dark and people are turning red. I have to crank up the brightness to ridiculous levels to even see things. Sears is coming out to fix the thing again but in my past experience, once this happens, it never works right again. The focus panel is what keeps going out. Have you had this problem?

If you had the problem, what did you do? Did you switch brands and if so, to what? I have to stick with stuff under my Sears warranty so a projector is not an option.

StephenHa

Second Unit
I worked for a repair shop, and rarely did we get hitachi or mitsubishi in, we did however get alot of stuff from sears to be repaired, and found they usually didn't even have the right schematic to trace in the first place

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your reply. Have you had any focus panel problems? And what is it exactly that causes the focus panel to do this?

Thomas_A

Second Unit
My parents bought a Hitachi 51" rear porjector...and I have to say that I hate everything about that TV. I hate the colors, the stretch modes and the menus. They did not get an extended warranty...and after a little over a year- thier tv did exactly what you said yours was doing. had to have the tech come out...for $75 and open up the tv and make some adjustments. My mom was lucky enough the guy showed her what to do. Pretty sad if you ask me. Worst thing is...they payed way too much to start for that TV...Parents need to listen too thier kids sometimes...oh well...thought I share the same experience

StephenHa

Second Unit
we had few focus problems, I'm not sure what the actual cause was (I would bet a supplier issue with a specific part on the focus block)

Jay Foster

Stunt Coordinator
I'm definitely going to get him to show me how to adjust it so I don't have to wait a couple of weeks for them to get here. I've learned my lesson: 3 in a row, no more Hitachi.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks