What's new

Have a screen issue!!! Please help!! (1 Viewer)

Ed_Palubicki

Auditioning
Guys, PLEASE tell me there is not something wrong with my set!!:angry:

I have a Toshiba 57H82 and I am seeing something when watching HD programing.

In the center of the screen I see an anomily. When the screen pans is looks as if I am looking through a warped piece of glass. The image compresses in an area about 4 inches in width. You don't notice it unless the image is panning.

I only get it when wathcing HD images. It does not do it when watching analog or standard digital cable channels. All the signals are running through the same output which is connected via a component video cable.

Any ideas??

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
I don't have any firsthand experience with the Toshiba sets, but it sounds like perhaps one of the 4:3 stretch modes is causing the distortion. I believe that if you are watching HD material (just as with anamorphic DVDs) your set should be in the "Full" mode or whatever the Toshiba equivalent is.

Hope that helps.

-Jason

Ed_Palubicki

Auditioning
I have checked that. Whenever the set is receiving an HD signal, it autosets to "normal" mode which is no stretch.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Sounds like your convergence grid is off at bit. The grid panels are too close together at that location, thus the image compresses and then uncompresses as it pans along. If I am correct, the HD display has a different grid then other sources and that is why you only see it when viewing that material.

I had this problem on my Mits 46". I busted into the service menu and fixed the grid myself for starters. I later had and ISF job done by Gregg Lowen (of this forum) who really tightened up the gird.

Peace Out~:D

Ed_Palubicki

Auditioning
Thanks Ron....

We just had a baby so there is no way that I am going to be able swing an ISF calibration and to be very honest I have yet to fell confidant enough to hack into the service menu.

Do you think the AVIA calibration CD will work?

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
No, it won't. IF this is the problem, you'll need to access the service menu and change the default settings of the grid.

I built a grid using plexiglass and a black magic marker. I measured off and drew my own grid with the marker on the plexiglass. I then hung the plexi-grid over the screen, entered the service menu and proceeded to even out the grid. Worked perfectly and was very easy to do.

I'm sure you can find the code to get in, play around and always cancel out, thus not saving any changes. Once your comfortable, make the perminant changes. Yes, my first time in, I had a few beads of sweat on my forehead and palms. :)

It is very easy to do and as long as your well informed, it's extremely had to screw it up.

I know that the Home Theater Spot is a great source of info. It used to be free, but now they charge to get in and access the info. :frowning: That is where I got all my info for my Mits.

Good luck, you can do it, just research and play around before making any perminant changes.

Oh, and congrats on the new baby :emoji_thumbsup:

Peace Out~:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks