Have a few questions about The Usual Suspects DVD (Not movie/plot stuff)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott McAllister, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Scott McAllister

Scott McAllister Stunt Coordinator

This is for the orignal release of Usual Suspects, not the new "Special Edition" one, although that is part of my question.

Is the "Special Edition" worth double dipping for since I already own the first release?

When I listen to the commentary track, it sounds like there are two seperate commentaries running at the same time while the credits roll. Does anybody else's DVD do this or is it just a fluke on mine?

Scott

2. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

3. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

Can someone tell me if you can change subtitles during the movie, i.e. the button isn't locked? My player has a problem with MGM special editions and automatically puts on subtitles that aren't removeable.

4. Ray H

Ray H Producer

Ray
    If I recall correctly, the SE has the subs locked. I recall having to go back to the main menu to turn them on/off.

5. Brett Sheppard

Brett Sheppard Auditioning

6. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    While I thought the movie was great, but only worth watching one or two times (you know why), the DVD is superb. The a/v quality is top-notch and the supplements are great. The gag reel is the best extra... o/ Keyser...Soze /o

7. Travis_W

Travis_W Supporting Actor

I'll have to wait until I buy a new player then because I was going to buy it at Best Buy yesterday for $15.99. Nothing wrong in renting the old edition though because I still haven't even seen the movie. Thanks for responding with the subtitle info.