Have $1000 to spend

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Roveen_A, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Roveen_A

Roveen_A Auditioning

Dec 19, 2003
    How would you spend that if you needed a receiver, DVD player, and a surround sound speaker system?

Would you buy the Sony Dream system which includes all components or would you buy everything separately? What would you buy on a budget of $700-$1000?

My room is small at 14x11x8. I will use a Sanyo Z1 projector.
  2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Aug 19, 2002

I'd look at something like paradigm titans or atoms for speakers, a receiver, and maybe like a dayton sub, for instance.
  3. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

Aug 13, 2003
    Just a quick setup for about $1000 that I would choose would be:

Harman/Kardon AVR-225 refurb.
    Klipsch Quintet 5 piece speaker set.
    Inifity PS10
    Sony DVPNS725P DVD player

That entire set right there should run you a little under $1000 including cables and everything. As for speaker wires, in regard to that everyone thinks "I need a monster cable." In reality you don't and the monster cables and just over-priced for there performance. Acoustic Research makes some decent stuff for a cheap price that you might wanna check out like digital coaxial cables and optical cables and such. As for speaker wire, just use a standard 14Ga. for most runs, you should be just fine.

Good luck on your decision. See if you can take a listen to what I just listed, also look around a little. In the end I think you will have more fun shopping around and choosing what you want other than getting a HTiB which won't sound half as good.