What's new

Have $1000 to spend (1 Viewer)

Roveen_A

Auditioning
How would you spend that if you needed a receiver, DVD player, and a surround sound speaker system?

Would you buy the Sony Dream system which includes all components or would you buy everything separately? What would you buy on a budget of $700-$1000?

My room is small at 14x11x8. I will use a Sanyo Z1 projector.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I would definitely buy separately.

I'd look at something like paradigm titans or atoms for speakers, a receiver, and maybe like a dayton sub, for instance.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Just a quick setup for about $1000 that I would choose would be:

Harman/Kardon AVR-225 refurb.
Klipsch Quintet 5 piece speaker set.
Inifity PS10
Sony DVPNS725P DVD player

That entire set right there should run you a little under $1000 including cables and everything. As for speaker wires, in regard to that everyone thinks "I need a monster cable." In reality you don't and the monster cables and just over-priced for there performance. Acoustic Research makes some decent stuff for a cheap price that you might wanna check out like digital coaxial cables and optical cables and such. As for speaker wire, just use a standard 14Ga. for most runs, you should be just fine.

Good luck on your decision. See if you can take a listen to what I just listed, also look around a little. In the end I think you will have more fun shopping around and choosing what you want other than getting a HTiB which won't sound half as good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks