Haute Tension & Friday 13th Uncut?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Christopher B, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Christopher B

Christopher B Stunt Coordinator

Hello,
    I keep hearing all the great things about Haute Tension, but the only version I can find with English subtitles is not the uncut version. Does anyone know how big the cuts are and if it is worth getting the rated one?

I also wondered if it is worth it to get the uncut Friday the 13th. I heard there is not much added stuff, and since the box set is out I may be purchasing that.

Thanks

2. mike_frontier

mike_frontier Supporting Actor

It suppose to be really good. The one I am getting claims it's UNCUT, PAL and english subs

3. Christopher B

Christopher B Stunt Coordinator

Mike,
    where are you buying it from? I don't think I was able to find uncut with english subtitles.

4. Darren_Reed

Darren_Reed Extra

Christopher - if you don't mind dubbing on this movie, there is a thai dvd out that is uncut.. but it has Thai audio and english audio only, no original French. Seeing as how it's not exactly a dialogue-driven film, the dubbing didn't bother me too much (and I am NO fan of dubbing to begin with). The dvd is anamorphic, but source print is not the best (contrast seems a little washed out maybe?). But for under 8bucks delivered, I didn't care. It arrived from Thailand in maybe 4-5 days at most.. I was very surprised.

Here is the link: http://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=14596
    All-region, PAL, $7.50 SHIPPED (and like I said it got here [Alabama] VERY quickly)

5. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

Christopher,
    A friend made me a copy of the region 2 version (released by Warner Brothers) which is uncut, anamorphic, has a commentary by Sean S. Cunningham, and a half-hour long recent documentary, that is PAL. I think he may have bought it from www.thedvdetective.com. In terms of addional footage, you're right, it doesn't amount to much. The Kevin Bacon death scene is extended by a few seconds as is the climax at the end. Despite the PAL speed-up issue, however, it's a small price to pay for a much better version than the current bare-bone R1 editions. It's very unfortunate that Paramount saw fit to release the box set with the cut versions still. While I'm not a huge fan of all the films, had they all been uncut, I problably would have picked up a copy.

6. Mike Wadkins

Mike Wadkins Supporting Actor

i have the cut and uncut haute tension and made an uncut subtitled copy it works a bit but is sometimes out