What's new

Hauppauge HVR-2250 Remote Does Not Work (1 Viewer)

JBHall56

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
The good news, my son built me an HTPC for a Christmas present. The bad news is that I replaced the ATI Diamond tuner with a Hauppauge HVR-2250 so that I could drive the Motorola cable box as well as the HVR tuner. Since replacing the ATI tuner with the Hauppauge, the remote that came with the HVR does not work, nor does my Harmony 510 that I reprogrammed also does not work. I have reloaded the drivers twice, the originals as well as the ones from the MCEkit, but no luck. Everything else works, just not the remotes. Any ideas would be appreciated. The HTPC is running Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate with 4GB of RAM. Thanks in advance for any help.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jeff:

That is odd. I built an HTPC and put in two of the HVR-2250 cards. My box didn't come with an IR so I just added the one that Microsoft sells for MCE and it works with no problem controlling the tuner and MCE.

So I am clear are you saying your son built you a new HTPC with the ATI tuner built in and it worked fine and your replaced the ATI in this box with the 2250 and it no longer works? If that is the case do you know if the ATI had a cable that was attached to it that was also attached to the Mobo? If it had one did you attach it to the 2250? Did you try putting the ATI back in and see if it continues to work as before?

JBHall56

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff
Thanks for the feedback. Here is the fix.

Go to the Hauppauge Web site and purchase the Microsoft Certified Media Center Kit (http://registration.hauppauge.com/webstore/hardware2.asp?product=mce_remote). This is another $30 plus shipping and comes with another "Green Button" remote, but the key to it is that it also comes with a USB IR receiver and a new IR blaster cable that plugs into the back of the receiver, not the card.

When the USB IR receiver got plugged into my HTPC. Windows immediately recognized it and configured it with the Hauppauge drivers that were already installed. Not only does the "Green Button" remote work, but now my Harmony remote works as well. I have yet to try and program the IR blaster, but I'm guessing that will work as well.

It just seems that Hauppauge should be shipping the HVR-2250 with the USB IR receiver so that people do not pull their hair out trying to figure out why this great card is not working properly.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
I use the MCE remote and IR receiver that came with my older HTPC. It is basically the same as the one that Hauppauge sells. Amazon has it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks