Hats off to the DIYers!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Philip Hamm, Mar 3, 2001.

1. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I just wanted to drop a little message here to the DIY crowd. I really enjoy reading about your projects and seeing pictures. Personally I wouldn't do much DIY stuff myself, I just don't have the aptitide with tools. However, it's really nice that this forum is such a usefull well of knowledge for the DIYers on the net.
    Keep up the good work and keep sharing!
    ------------------
    Philip Hamm
    AIM: PhilBiker
    ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!

2. David A. Frattaroli

David A. Frattaroli Stunt Coordinator

Thanks Philip. I for one, would never have started doing DIY projects if it wasn't for this very forum. My DIY speaker project officially launched my amateur woodworking hobby. Since then I've been equipping myself with pro quality tools so that I can build more great HT related stuff. More project pictures to come. Soon.
    ------------------

3. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

Yeah, this Forum is a great resource--I wouldn't have ventured into the realm of DIY subs if it wasn't for HTF. It's also great to have participation and help from the veterans who have been doing this for awhile and some folks who do it for a living. It really inspired me to study and learn more about the art and science behind bass reproduction.
    Philip, I don't have an aptitude with tools either, but I've managed to build some great performing subs for much cheaper than many traditional commercial ones out there(they don't look as pretty though [​IMG]), so I'd say give it a shot. You just might suprise yourself.
    DJ

4. ChristopherJ

ChristopherJ Extra

If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't have made my Tempest Sonosub. I had a great time making it, first thing I ever really made. Now I have friends asking me to make them one.