What's new

Hate it when this happens...upgraditis spreads (1 Viewer)

Steve_D

Second Unit
What started as an innocent "I'd like to get some new main speakers" has turned into yet another system evaluation :angry:

So:

Out with the ACI Sapphires, In with the Studio 100's...

Oh but now I want better bass management than my older Denon 3801 (used as a pre-pro provides) So:

Out with the 3801, In with a Rotel 1066 that I'm replacing before I even install it with a now on its way Cary Audio C6.

And now I realize my original series SVS 16-46 sounds a bit congested in comparison to the Studio 100's, so I'm hoping I will be happy using the low crossover point of 40 HZ and an ISD driver from SVS....

And oh yeah, the rear speakers...

David Traube

Auditioning
Heh, yea it's a sickness... I've been perfectly happy for almost four years and once I finally decided to buy an SVS 20-39 PCi, the flood gates are open and I want to upgrade my receiver. I'm tired of using the RP-91 as my DTS decoder. And even though I'm perfectly satisfied with my Acoustic Energy Aegis speakers... I find myself visiting the Paradigm site more than I should.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Ain't it the truth. I really want all channel EQ, Extended Bass Management, and DCDi deinterlacing for my Svideo and Composite souces upconverted to 480p out the component video, so I am looking at changing from my Denon 4802 to an H/K 7300.

I may be going to a full 7 channel bi-amp so I'd also like a second more powerfull sub w/built built in EQ as well but of course.

In my defense, I was quite happy for three years of no upgrades. :)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Hi, I'm John. It's been 6 months since my last HT purchase...:D

Hey, you get a new receiver, then you need new speakers to take advantage of it. Then you need an amp because your new receiver can't keep up with the new speakers...

mackie

Supporting Actor
Yeah - my two channel system in the bedroom ain't getting me what I want.... I'd like to replace with a different pair of bookshelves which would mean that I need another sub. Man, I've heard nothing but good things about SVS and HSU. I'm just dying for a projector.....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks