What's new

Has this been posted yet? - New DVD-A Titles (1 Viewer)

Alan_Horner

Stunt Coordinator
For me, there's a distinct reason why I haven't been jumping up and down over this announcement. It has to do with the fact that Sanctuary Records is a small lable with very few titles (IMHO) that are likely to appeal to a wide audience. How is that going to help DVD-A?

Beginning in April 2002, Silverline Records will release multiple DVD-Audio titles per month by artists such as Bob Marley, Styx, The Kinks, Joey Ramone, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Widespread Panic, Sex Pistols and Megadeth to name a few.
Just putting those names out there sort of whets one's appetite, eh? But Sanctuary doesn't hold the rights to most of the "classic" albums you might be hoping for. Sanctuary seem to have quite a few "early years" collections for the likes of Marley, The Kinks, and even Madonna; otherwise, there are quite a few live albums (Styx - without Dennis DeYoung) to fill out the roster.

I guess that sounds like I'm slamming Sanctuary (and Silverline), but that's not my intent. It's just that I'm not that thrilled with the company's titles and so it's hard to get excited about seeing them released on DVD-A through Silverline.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Alan, good points there. My main problem with Silverline Records is that they seem to take pride in not providing stereo mixes. That is reason enough for me to not buy their titles. I have one of their DVD-Audio discs, but I am not interested in buying any of their others.

Sheldon C

Second Unit
ohhhhh I want Rust in Peace by Megadeth! Ain't gonna happen though since they weren't under sactuary at the time.:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks