What's new

Has there ever been any word on a Nirvana: Unplugged in New York DVD? (1 Viewer)

Kami

Screenwriter
I have been waiting for this dvd for a long time. I have the performance taped from when it aired on MTV back in '94 but I've watched it so much that the quality has degraded quite a bit, not to mention the terrible sound quality.

Has there ever been any news on this release?

thanks

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
I wish there was. But Courtney Love owns all the rights to Nirvana's material. The other two remaining band members are fighting in court to get the Nirvana Box Set out. So far the only format unplugged was released on is the audio cd. I would love to see the full show on DVD with the 3 songs MTV cut. I only know the name of one song that was cut and it is Sweet Home Alabama.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
It would be nice to see this on DVD but for the reasons Joshua stated I think it's highly unlikely in the near future. I'm like you Kami with a tape from the MTV broadcast, the picture is worse than ever an like stated the audio is fairly ordinary as well. I only listen to the CD now.

Travis D

Second Unit
Sweet Home Alabama? You're kidding. Love that song! Of course you kinda have to like it where I live. ;)
Now I really want it for my collection I'm doing with different artists covering that song. Artists ranging from Green Day to Sevendust.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I'm a mark. I'll take any Nirvana I can get. I've got my Divx copy of Nirvana Unplugged from when MTV2 had their unplugged marathon a month or two ago.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I have yet to hear Sweet Home Alabama from the Unplugged session. According to DigitalNirvana.net, both Freebird and Sweet Home Alabama were jammed out (i.e. not full songs.) I'm not saying that I wouldn't want to hear them, but knowing that their "covers" of songs like The End, Baba O'Riley, My Best Friend's Girl and many others were usually just goofing around on stage and not full takes, I won't fall over myself to find copies.

All of the other songs were released on the CD, I think. However, not all of the songs were originally broadcast on the TV show.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks