Has the kv-32hv600 taken the place of the 32XBR?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff lam, Jul 25, 2002.

1. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    I was looking through the new sony models and noticed this 32" TV and didn't find any other sizes for this series and I just wondered if this is the XBR replacement since there will be no 32" XBR anymore. What's the differences between the HV and XBR?
    KV-32HV600

2. Ryan Beerski

Ryan Beerski Auditioning

There really isn't much of a difference between the XBR and the new HV. The new HV has a memory stick slot for digital photos, an updated DRC, DVI input for HD receivers, and a totally new cabinet design. The HV also tends to be priced about 100 bucks less than the XBR it replaces. Good luck with your purchase!

3. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    anyone seen the PQ on this set yet? As good as the XBR?

4. Brian S

Brian S Extra

As stated, the 32HV600 is Sony's top of the line 32" model, and is basically identical to the 36XBR800 except for cabinet style and warranty.

As for picture quality, I can only say it is superb. While I never was able to do a side-by-side with the old 32XBR450 or the new 36XBR800, it is definately as good as its XBR cousins.

After a fair amount of service menu tweaking and DRC V1 experimentation, my 32HV600 is pumping out the best picture I have ever seen on a 32" set. Anamorphic DVD's look simply amazing.

5. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Brian,
    What is the warranty difference?

6. Brian S

Brian S Extra

Jeff,
    Normally, non-XBR direct view TV's only have a 90 day labor coverage, while XBR's have 1 year labor (both have 1 year parts and 2 years tube). However, I just double checked the warranty card that came with my TV and it is a HDTV/XBR/Projection TV level coverage with the full year of labor. So apparently the HV600 does have the same warranty as the XBR's in this case.
    Here's Sony's normal warranty info: http://www.sel.sony.com/SEL/consumer/ss5/warranty.shtml