Has Roseanne been confirmed for '05?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dan*T, Dec 28, 2004.

1. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

I know that there was some issues with the possiblilty of this coming to DVD. Has this been resolved and has the show actually been confirmed for an '05 release??

2. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

No, it hasn't been confirmed in the sense that there is no hard release date that has been made available. That doesn't mean you won't see it in 2005 but its not like anyone has come out and said "Yeah its coming it will be here on XX/XX/05"

I think, but am not completely certain that this was one of those shows who's fait may be tied to the success of That 70's show on DVD. I think Cosby was another, but I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

3. John McM

John McM Second Unit

I'm hearing rumors about 2005.... if so, I am there day one

4. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    Ditto. I've been a huge fan of this show for years. It's one of the few shows I never get tired of, even after countless reruns. I'd purchase season sets of "Roseanne" in a heartbeat.

5. John McM

John McM Second Unit

same here, I hope this isn't a MTM case with Fox, because I don't think the golden era of Roseanne began until season 4, seasons 4-6 of Roseanne I'd gladly compare to the peak eras of most classic sitcoms.

6. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Casey has it right. The owner of Roseanne - Carsey Werner - has made a deal with Fox for That 70's Show and God, The Devil and Bob. If those two sell well (70's has been, and G,TD&B street in January), then CW will license Roseanne and Cosby Show to Fox to distribute as well.

7. John McM

John McM Second Unit

I honestly don't see how Fox could compare G,TD&B to Cosby and Roseanne. I've never seen G,TD&B so I have no idea the quality of the show, but Cosby and Roseanne were two of the top sitcoms of the past 20 years and continue to score well in syndication, GTD&B is not exactly in that league, so if it's sales fail, I don't think it'd be fair to judge Roseanne or Cosby.

8. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Don't worry, John. GTD&B's "size" in proportion to those shows will be taken into account. Everyone there at both Fox and CW understands the situation.

9. David*P

David*P Supporting Actor

David
  10. Andrew Radke

Andrew Radke Screenwriter

Andrew Radke
    YES!!! This news made my day. I was wondering when (and if) 'Roseanne' would come out any time soon. I can't stress enough how much I love this show. These sets will rank with up there with 'Friends' for rewatchability. Especially now that I can't find the show in syndication anymore. This time last year, it aired on three different stations.......now nothing. lol. Anyway, I'll definitely be among the first to get this. Thanks so much for the news!

11. ElevSkyMovie

ElevSkyMovie Supporting Actor

I can't understand why people say seasons 4-6 are the best for Roseanne. I prefer the first 2 or 3 seasons before she took control of the show and did most of the writing. The show was much funnier before she took control.

12. John McM

John McM Second Unit

The first seasons were alright, but I really loved the middle seasons best. To me, it was when everything was in full gear. The characters were all fleshed out, yet not self-parody yet (check Jackie in the last 2 seasons). The show was beginning to push the envelope, yet people were still listening, and while people might've not liked Roseanne the person, the quality of the show was so high that people kept watching. Then after season 7, it all went downhill. But I will buy all 9 seasons

13. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

Looks like some great news! I will definetely pick up all 9 seasons. I have also been very pleased with Anchor Bay's releases thus far, especially Three's Company!!