Has Fox Movie Channel gone MAD???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jan Strnad, Aug 30, 2002.

1. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

I've enjoyed the Fox Movie Channel for some time. One of the nice things about the channel is that they don't stick on one of those annoying network bugs all the time.

NOW THEY'VE DONE WORSE!

I tuned in to Predator and they were putting up movie trivia over the film. You know, telling you this is so-and-so's first film, giving quotes from the director, etc.

IS THIS FOX'S ATTEMPT TO RECREATE THAT ANNOYING GUY IN THE SEAT BEHIND YOU AT THE THEATER WHO BLABS THROUGH THE WHOLE G-DAMNED MOVIE?

If so, they've succeeded admirably. And just as I change seats when I get one of these blowhards chattering into my ear in a theater, I CHANGE THE CHANNEL when it happens on my television set!

What crack-head half-wit dreamed this scheme up? FIRE HIM! NOW, BEFORE HE STRIKES AGAIN!

Fox Movie Channel is going OFF my channel listing ASAP!

Jan

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Jan,
    I've met you in person and you never appeared to be the type to fly off the handle.[​IMG]
    Crawdaddy

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    This is "Production Notes"

I watched the Young Frankenstein "episode" and I found it to be pretty neat. I dunno why you found it so bad...you could have just masked the bottom letterbox bar to hide the notes.

4. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Hey maybe they could make it pop ups on the screen like those Music Video Pop Ups. [​IMG]

5. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    Don't write off FMC entirely, Jan. They do this semi-annoying "Production Notes Presents" thing once in awhile (starting about a year or so ago), but it isn't going to be the standard operating procedure with all their movie broadcasts from here on in. They only do it with some of their bigger, more popular films, on selected airings (mixed in with widescreen and pan&scam broadcasts without the "notes"). Obviously another offshoot of the cable TV trend begun by "Pop-Up Videos" on VH1 a few years back.
    I believe they specifically list which film broadcasts are the "Production Notes" versions, and which ones aren't (as well as widescreen airings), on the schedule page(s) at Fox Movie Channel's website. Here 'tis:
    www.thefoxmoviechannel.com

6. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

7. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

And of course they'd have to have that annoying 'pop' sound everytime one came on. [​IMG]

8. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    Oops, sorry to learn that the Fox Movie Channel website is currently down, Jan. I posted the address here in haste, as I was just about to leave for work. The site is usually up and running, so hopefully it'll be back online fairly soon.
    On a related note, the Tech TV channel is currently airing Gerry Anderson's "Supermarionation" sci-fi puppet series THUNDERBIRDS during the week... except they split the hour-long shows into daily half-hour installments, and do the "Production Notes/Pop-Up Video" treatment throughout. [​IMG]
    Thank goodness all the episodes are uncut and un-fooled-with on DVD! [​IMG]