What's new

Has Fox dropped the Ball?? (1 Viewer)

Brett*H

Stunt Coordinator
vnisanian2001 said:
Funny how you asked that question. Over the past few days I was putting together a master list of Fox shows and TV movies......
Wow. Just...Wow.
Great job and a Great list!
I had no idea that Fox controlled so many properties.
And here I thought only Sony deserved my consumer contempt for controlling, sitting on and not finishing anything......

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Hey, why stop there. Lets add the Four Star shows in since they bought that company:
Hey Jeannie
Zane Grey Theatre
Richard Diamond (76 made, only 25 owned by Fox)
Turn of Fate (Alcoa/Goodyear Theatre)
Black Saddle
June Allyson Show
Johnny Ringo
Law of the Plainsman
The Westerner
Michael Shayne
The David Niven Show
The Detectives
Stagecoach West
Dante
The Law and Mr. Jones
Peter Loves Mary
Mrs. G Goes to College
The Tom Ewell Show
Target: The Corrupters
Dick Powell Show
The Lloyd Bridges Show
Ensign O'Toole
McKeever and the Colonel
Saints and Sinners
Burke's Law
The Celebrity Game
Honey West
Big Valley
The Rogues
The Smothers Brothers Show (sitcom)
Malibu U
Showdown
Can You Top This?
Liar's Club
Police Surgeon
Monty Nash
Thrill Seekers
Many of the earlier series which Four Star produced are in the hands of other distributors. Shows such as Four Star Playhouse, Cavalcade of America, Stage 7, Star and the Story, Mr. Adams and Eve, Trackdown, The Rifleman, Wanted Dead or Alive and the first 51 episodes of Richard Diamond all wound up in other hands.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I took a look at some of these post's today and decided to ask some questions. Here are the following questions.
To 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment and License Divison
Home Entertainment why do you refuse to release your classic TV series on DVD?
The Fox License group business divsion why do you refuse to License your TV Series?
Business affairs is there to make money and do not care about fans. The TV series in the above post's can stay in the vault forever.
I do not expect an answer to my questions. I just cannot help asking these questions.
The above posts of tv series stalled just blows my mind. The fans ask WHY and we are met with silence.
I have to thank Mr James Finn for the release of the final episodes of Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. I am sure he went out on a limb for us Voyage Fans.
Why does the group at Fox Studios who license Fox series refuse to negotiate with other companies?
Why does 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment refuse to release their classic TV series?
The above questions concern TV Series only. The same questions could be asked about 20th Century Fox Classic Movies.
I just do not understand why 20th Century Fox has not given fans blu-ray copies of their most classic movies.
Marilyn Monroe Films and Classic 40s 50s and 60s movies.
Here is just a sample of Fox classic titles. Laura 1940s The Rains of Ranchipur 1950s and a USA release of 1963 Cleopatra.
The fact Cleopatra was released in the UK and not released first in the US again blows my mind. I felt this was and insult to the US consumer. Has a Hollywood studio ever released a major movie in Blu-ray or DVD to the UK and not the USA? I also want to add I love my friends in the UK heck I family there. I am glad you guys received the movie.
I understand that 20th Century Fox is not obligated to answer fans quesitons. The studio owns these tv series and movies and may do what they please with them.
The studio does not owe the fans explanations for what governs their policy concerning Fox properties.
I have been a Loyal Fox Consumer for many years. I find the Studios silence over the above questions quite frustrating.
I know some people will think Mark wrote this because Fox has Peyton Place locked away.
People I have had these questions for a long time. Peyton Place is the only series I want from them now. I am glad of that at least but feel sorry for fans of other Fox series. I do not like the Fox Business Affairs descision on Peyton Place but that is my problem.
The Fox policy on their classic movies going blu-ray just makes me grind my teeth.
I do not even want to touch what they have done with the Fox Movie Channel. I am glad at least Fox has given TCM their classic movies to air. I hope this will continue.
I have had my say. I just hope the future will bring changes.
I also thank Twilight Time for at least releasing some of those Fox Movies we all want. I know their price is high but if you want the movie you will pay it.
Happy Spring Everyone!!!

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I seem to need to clear things up about my last post
I am not angry that the UK received cleopatra before the USA. I in fact very glad they have it. I have friends and even family living in the UK. I have insulted the people who live in UK. I am very sorry for that!
I also need to say I am very sorry to Mr James Finn. I never wanted it to look like I was blasting away at him. He gave me Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea!!! I respect this man very much.
I took a whole bunch of words to say just one thing.
To 20th Century Fox Business affairs
I do no understand why you keep shows in the vault that other companies want ? I should think making some money would be good.
What you are doing is making lots of fans of these shows very frustrated. I love Fox !! Fox has some of the best shows and movies that have come out of Hollywood. I just hate seeing people angry and frustrated at such a good company.
The shows they restore look like they are HD. The others studios just cannot match them in the prints they give us.
So thanks 20th Century Fox for what you have given us in the past and hope for more in the future.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Neil, Swiss Family Robinson was another Irwin Allen show that Fox didn't remaster.
And how could LIS be Irwin's most popular show, when it lasted only 3 seasons, compared to VTTBOTS's 4?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
vnisanian2001 said:
Neil, Swiss Family Robinson was another Irwin Allen show that Fox didn't remaster.
And how could LIS be Irwin's most popular show, when it lasted only 3 seasons, compared to VTTBOTS's 4?
I'm not just going by the network run. LIS had far, far more sales and popularity in syndication than Voyage did. It ran in many markets thru the 70s and on national cable with TBS into the 80s. By the mid-70s, Voyage was hardly being run anywhere and other than the early days of SciFi, when they bought everything they could get their hands on in the genre, it never ran on any national cable service.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Mark Collins said:
I seem to need to clear things up about my last post
I am not angry that the UK received cleopatra before the USA. I in fact very glad they have it. I have friends and even family living in the UK. I have insulted the people who live in UK. I am very sorry for that!
I also need to say I am very sorry to Mr James Finn. I never wanted it to look like I was blasting away at him. He gave me Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea!!! I respect this man very much.
I took a whole bunch of words to say just one thing.
To 20th Century Fox Business affairs
I do no understand why you keep shows in the vault that other companies want ? I should think making some money would be good.
What you are doing is making lots of fans of these shows very frustrated. I love Fox !! Fox has some of the best shows and movies that have come out of Hollywood. I just hate seeing people angry and frustrated at such a good company.
The shows they restore look like they are HD. The others studios just cannot match them in the prints they give us.
So thanks 20th Century Fox for what you have given us in the past and hope for more in the future.
If you really want to address Fox, I would suggest that you write to them directly rather than thinking they might somehow find your posts here.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
The CEO of FHE is none other that a gentlemen by the name of Mike Dunn. He's been the CEO for at least 10 or more years. He was the one who suggested licensing to indies such as VEI and Shout. And now, he is suggesting that they play hardball with them.
Here's his address:
Mike Dunn
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment LLC
2121 Avenue of the Stars, 11th Fl.
Los Angeles, CA 90067
CA Tel. 310-369-1000
Fax 310-369-5262
Write to him, and tell him how tired you are of Fox playing hardball with the indies, and to let them have the remaining seasons at a realistic and reasonable price!

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I can never resist contributing in a good "FOX SUCKS" thread. So, why don't we add some MTM titles up until 1990, some of which actually started but of course almost all were never completed:
The Bob Newhart Show
Paul Sand in Friends and Lovers
Rhoda
The Texas Wheelers
The Bob Crane Show
Doc
Phyllis
Three For the Road
The Tony Randall Show
The Betty White Show
Lou Grant
We've Got Each Other
WKRP in Cincinnati
Mary
The White Shadow
The Mary Tyler Moore Hour
The Last Resort
Paris
Hill Street Blues
Newhart
St. Elsewhere
Bay City Blues
The Duck Factory
Sara
Tattingers
Eisenhower and Lutz
Beverly Hills Buntz
Annie McGuire
FM
Capital News
The City

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
If they would release the rest of Hill Street Blues, and the long rumored St. Elsewhere 'the complete series' they would earn huge respect from me.
Until then, I'm not going out of my way to congratulate them for their lackluster tv on dvd selection.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Just give me the four B's. Batman, Burke's Law, Big Valley and Bob Newhart, and then I'll be okay.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I'd be receptive to more PP but only to the end of the Stella Chernak plotline. When I watched the boot set, my interest plummeted after that.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I love that Fox is now working with Shout to get these shows out. I think most people if they wait will see their shows come out. I of course want Peyton Place and still hope for a complete series release by Shout Factory. Peyton Place will celebrate it's 50th anniversary this year.

Great time to get the rest of the series released. I have been watching the 65 episodes that Shout put out and they look great! I would encourage all fans who bought Peyton Place boot episodes to buy the Shout episodes. Email Shout if you want Peyton Place or any series Shout and Fox have released together.

Paper Chase was another great show that was never finished I just want Peyton Place.

I believe Fox has made a good deal with Shout Factory and rates are no longer the problem. I do not know that for a fact. So fans of Fox series do not give up. Your show may come out.

http://www.emmytvleg...ws/peyton-place

I really hope Shout will release Peyton Place as a series release. Fans will buy when they receive the complete show and not be cut off at episode 66.

Shout Factory try to get something from your original investment in Peyton Place. Release the concluding episodes of Peyton Place in a 50th anniversary limited edition.

DisneySwan1990

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sagalina Hazzan
whisperintherain said:
Regarding Boston Public and Chicago Hope, I would be interested in those too. As well as further releases for David E. Kelley's other shows, Picket Fences and The Practice, both brilliant series that only got one release each back in June 2007.
I hope either Shout! Factory, Mill Creek, MPI, or VCI releases those shows to R1 DVD, because when it comes to releasing nearly-forgotten, award-winning pre-2005 shows on DVD, Fox are Bullies! And so is Sony and Disney!

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I believe Fox and Shout Factory are working on releasing all of the Fox series. I refer to the TV series which had only limited episodes of their run released to DVD. I think people will see all of them on DVD. The amount that has already come from Shout is fantastic!

Fox has to offer up Peyton Place at a very very low rate in a complete series deal. I think this would be the only way Peyton Place can be released. Fox and Shout should do the series now because of the 50th anniversary date. Give Peyton Place a limited release and see what happens.

Good Luck to Burkes Law or Boulders Rule as I like to call it. I am sure it will get a release. Fox has given many shows to Shout this year so let us give them credit for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks