Has FOX dropped Spanish subtitles?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by VictorInt, Dec 17, 2001.

1. VictorInt

VictorInt Auditioning

Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster.

Lately in the past couple of months, I've noticed a disturbing trend from FOX DVD: their new releases no longer come with Spanish subtitles. It seems to have started with Episode 1, then Planet of the Apes, Willow, Moulin Rouge!, and now M*A*S*H*. So what's the deal? FOX has always been the best at supporting Spanish speakers in Region 1. Why do certain releases have a Spanish Language track, yet no subtitles? It's not as if they take up alot of space. Thanks for any responses.

2. VictorInt

VictorInt Auditioning

Okay...

Can someone give me the email address of someone at FOX to where I can file my complaint? Thanks.

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Post in Studio feedback, a Fox rep will see it

4. CamiloCamacho

CamiloCamacho Stunt Coordinator

I think they cut them to forbide the export to Latin America.

At least in Colombia, Fox only sells titles to rent stores, and only to one. (For example Star Wars Episode I is not avalaible in BlockBuster).

The last DVD i had see for sale was X-Men and it cost 40US$. I think with those prices back, no avalaibility at all (for sale, now) and the high quality of the region 1, fox realize the size of the import market and cut the subtitles.

Why put the spanish tracks?, to mantain happy the latin population on the US, and to make latin american buyers away from internet and other zone 1 retailers. (People wants the 5.1 sound track and the version as seen in the theaters, without subtitles that´s not possible.)