What's new

3D Has Disney basically abandoned 3D Blu-rays? (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sometimes. Vudu has carried a few. I'm not sure who else might have. They're generally only available for purchase, not for rental.

I end up buying the discs from the UK. With one or two exceptions (Ratatouille comes to mind), they're region free, and usually cheaper than what Disney wants for the streaming version - and higher quality too.

Ratatouille 3D is the only Disney 3D (incl Pixar/Marvel/Lucasfilm) to date that is region locked.

This doesn't included items like Need for Speed and The BFG which weren't distributed by Disney in some countries, but there are even 3D versions of both of those that are Region Free in other countries (or from the Asian or Mexico/Brazil Region A releases). Ratatouille 3D is the exception there in that it was never released anywhere other than FR/DE/UK

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Like I said... one or two exceptions :)

Almost all Disney movies are safe to buy from overseas without having a region-free player, but I hesitate to just give a blanket "you can safely buy anything" statement knowing about those exceptions - I always want to be extra cautious so some fellow member isn't out $20 for a disc they can't play because of something I said.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks