What's new

Has Dell dropped the "Dude" from its ads? (1 Viewer)

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I thought the general topic was annoying ads (started with the Dell dude) and someone else (to whom I wholeheartedly agree) stated that he thought the new MAC ads were annoying as well. All I did was state I agree with him as well and gave reasons why I personally do not like the MACs.

Of course if we're talking about annoying spokespeople for ads I would dearly love to see a vehicle "Zoom, Zoom" the kid on the even stupider Mazda commercials.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Why is it that so many movies and TV shows glorify the Mac, when it is clear that the PC is the most widely used computer on the planet?
Because Apple pays a lot of money to have them in there, and probably there are a few creators out there with a Mac fetish who like putting them in their shows.

I think all of us can agree that both Apple AND Dell have made obnoxious ads that make at least most of us not wish to ever purchase their products again

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I think that the PC Mac debate should be classified as an argument about religion, which it pretty much is anyway (debate about things accepted on faith, with little or no strictly scientific proof either offered or required.) Therefore it should be banned from this forum. :)
Regards,
Joe

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I'm late to this discussion, but I couldn't help it.
Jeff, tell the next person who says that that they'll be getting a Commodore if they don't shut up.
To which they'll likely reply, "A commie-what?"
Really, you think Joe Office Worker knows anything about ancient computers? As far as he's concerned, it's just a magic box that only magical I.T. dwarves can fix. Where does it come from? Who knows. Aliens, probably, working in cooperation with the ancient Egyptions from this thread.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
OMG those new mac ads annoy me. Has everyone seen the "I'm a mac gamer" spoof commercial?
I do find the MAC commercials pompous and annoying. Although the girl who saved Christmas is kinda cute.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
There's a thread in the TV section of the forum if you want to discuss annoying TV-commercials in general.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
I heard on THe Screen Savers that he's on a 1/2yr hiatus... Prolly mentioned befor ei posted,but i was too lazy to read 2 pages on why the dell dude's fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks