What's new

Has anyony heard of Below??? (1 Viewer)

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
I have seen the trailer for this at my work & have searched for it here with no results. It's something about a U-boat that is taken out for war but turns out that the boat is haunted or possesed or something like that. From what I have seen in the trailer it looks to be pretty good & it was a new release in Feb 03 but Ive never heard or seen anything about it.
I guess what I'm tryen to figure out is if anyone has seen it & if its any good at all. I almost bought it the other day but without ever hearing any opions on it I dont wont to spend the money on it & it turn out to be some low budget flop that Id never watch again.
Thanks for any help.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
worth a rental, but i'm kinda sorry i bought it (although the a/v of the R1 looks exceptionally high on my set up).

the mating of a sub movie with a haunted house movie sounded like a provacotive idea, and it was a little spooky at times , but the farther i get a way from it, the less i think of it.
this would have totally sailed under my radar when it hit disc weeks ago, but i gave it a shot based on a lot of positive word of mouth.

YMMV

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I would recommend that you rent it first. It's got a decent storyline, actually it's U.S. Navy sub they're on. Some scary moments and also some kinda funny parts and characters thrown in. Very good audio track and as stated before fairly impressive looking transfer. Check it out this weekend. I too bought it on word of mouth.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the link & help guys. I tryed a couple of times to do a search but never had any luck. I think I'm gonna say what the hell & pick it up after reading the few post in the link. I'm a pretty big fan of suspence horror type films so it sounds like it will be a welcome addition to my colection.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
Oh yeah, I remember now. "Below" doesn't seem to agree with the search at all. It must be a protected word or something.

Hope you enjoy the film.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Solid B flick with a good cast and some snappy dialogue!

Excellent A/V qualities as well.

Matt Pelham

Screenwriter
Pretty decent movie, although I would definitely give it a rent before purchasing. My local Blockbuster carries it (even if they do only have 2 copies) so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks