Has anyone viewed "The santa clause" on DVD yet?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean Conklin, Nov 24, 2001.

1. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone has seen this on DVD, and if you have what do you think about it? I think Tim Allen is great in this.

And where did you get your copy?

2. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

3. Chris M

Chris M Second Unit

The DVD isn't awesome or anything, but I loved the movie that I bought it anyway... a great Christmas treat for sure!

Chris.

4. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Hi Sean. I don't own this dsc, but I have seen it, and it's one of Disney's early "laser disc transfer specials". The quality is not bad, but it could be alot better than this. The audio is just fine though.
    Happy Holidays!

5. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Quite a beautiful non-anamorphic transfer and audio quality is quality. [​IMG] Only extra is a trailer but retail was reduced to $22.95.....definitely one to pick up. A Christmas classic!

6. Sean Conklin

Thanks guys, I love this movie, and it sounds like it's a decent transfer, so the real question is which B&M might carry it?

I've tried WalMart, K Mart, Some of the music stores, the problem is that Best Buy is 100 miles away, but I bet they would have it.

I will have to make a trip over there(Missoula, Mt.) the first week in Dec. to do some shopping and take my wife to the doctor, so I will slip into BB, I also want to pick up Black Sheep.

I did get Willow though, very SWEET!

7. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

well the sequel is currently in pre-production and quickly moving into production so hopefully when it comes out, the original will get a special edition or something like that. [​IMG]

8. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

That's true - with the sequel coming out, there might be a re-release of the original. I'd upgrade, but I'm not holding my breath - since the sequel won't come to DVD until Christmas 2003 so that'd be the earliest we'd see a re-release probably unless they do it next year.
    Anyway, Black Sheep isn't out on DVD yet. [​IMG]

9. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

10. Sean Conklin