Has anyone used this multichannel A/B switcher?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by WarrenCo, Sep 9, 2002.

1. WarrenCo

WarrenCo Agent

I just bought the Sony 555 to go along with my Panasonic RP-91 and only have 1 multi channel analog passthru on my Integra Research RDC-7. Has anyone used this switcher found here http://home.attbi.com/~shawnfogg/ ?
    Thanx

2. AaronD

AaronD Stunt Coordinator

I've heard a lot about them, but I don't use one myself. Although it's been a while since I visited the page, and it looks like he's integrated a lot more options into the box. Looks like a nice solution to the problem now.

-Aaron

3. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

I'm pretty sure this solution has been discussed on HTF before, so doing a search might help.

Doug

4. WarrenCo

WarrenCo Agent

I did a search for "switcher", but unfortunatley, none of the results actually describes the performance of the shawn fogg device. I figured at least a few people around have tried it.
    Maybe they have and like it so much that they spend all their time listening to music now instead of reading the forum[​IMG]
    Warren

5. Mark_E_Smith

Mark_E_Smith Second Unit

A simple sulution that I was given on this forum is to use 2 RS audio/video switchers( A B ) I think they are about $15 each.

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Warren, I have seen the Shawn Fogg device referenced, but I don't recall reading comments from anyone who owns one. For $30, try two of the Radio Shack switch boxes (part #15-1952).

7. WarrenCo

WarrenCo Agent

I happenened to be in Radio Shack the other day (my nephew wanted a radio controlled car) and considered buying the R/S switchers. Since the fogg switcher will allow me to change inputs via remote conrol with macros it is a much more elegant solution. I was hoping to hear from a few people who own it to see what thier thoughts are.

Should I consider the Sony pre to solve this problem for me. IT is $500 i think compared to $210. I am not sure what if anything the extra $300 would buy me. Anyt thoughts?

Thanx

Warren

8. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Warren, the lack of a remote is the only drawback of the Radio Shack units in my opinion. Based on everything I have read, the Sony 'P9000ES is an excellent component. I have not read a comparison of it with the Shawn Fogg device. Again, I think you should try the Radio Shack switch boxes for $30 before you try more expensive solutions.

9. Larry Geller

Larry Geller Supporting Actor

Does anybody know if RS sells a THREE-WAY switch box for my DVD-A, SACD & quadraphonic decoder? Also, is there a signal degradation with these adapters?

10. WarrenCo

WarrenCo Agent

Keith

Thanx for the input. I actually put my order in for the Fogg switcher yesterday. It can interface seemlessly with my RDC-7 allowing me to use the remote or I can just select the input on the RDC-7 itself. No extra buttons to press and I can hide the switcher behind my DVD player so I can set it up and forget about it. Now I just have to find some patience as his current batch is all pre-sold.

Warren