has anyone used the one for all kameleon 8 remote?

Discussion in 'Accessories, Cables, and Remotes' started by CalebC, Nov 2, 2003.

1. CalebC

CalebC Extra

here is what i am talking about:

ofausa.com will show you what i mean. i cant post url since i havent posted 15 times yet.

i read a good review of it in dvd etc...wondering if anyone else had anything to say?

i searched it but only found the radio shack model...i believe (correct me if i am wrong) they are different.

thanks!

2. Tim K

Tim K Second Unit

3. Stephen Tu

Stephen Tu Screenwriter

I don't think there's much to recommend this remote. You get the disadvantages of a touchscreen (no tactile feedback on button location), without the advantages of a touchscreen (totally customizable button labels & screens).

I'd spend a little more and get a MX-500, have lots of hard buttons in a good layout and be able to pick your own 5 char labels rather than being stuck with the built-in ones. Or if touchscreen is really what you want get one of the Pronto models.

Or go cheaper with OneForAll's 8811 or the like for real buttons while keeping the JP1 capability.

4. JimPeitersen

JimPeitersen Second Unit

I got one as a gift, and they are interesting. There are two things that I don't like about them. The first is that the sensor that activates the backlight is extremely sensitive (I cannot overstate this!) The second aspect is most likely a result of the first problem, it eats batteries like crazy (even nimh rechargeables.) They do make an interesting conversation piece when people come over though.
    JP

5. AlexanderS

AlexanderS Second Unit

Yeah and that only lasts about 5 minutes into the movie when the damn thing keeps coming on because of the bass. It also makes a slight humming noise that drove me nuts. This was much more noticable in the RS version but still annoying in the OFA version. I ended up with an MX500 as its the only way to fly.

6. CalebC

CalebC Extra

thanks guys...i guess i will stick with my integra remote for now. it does everything i need it to, just wanted something that looked "cool". the pronto is too much $ for me to spend on a remote. mx500 looks like it does the same as my integra remote...i will research it a little bit more before i rule it out though.

thanks!

7. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I don't know about the new Kameleon 8 but my brother Pat has the original 6 device Kameleon and he love it.