Has anyone used S&V HTT

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon Sciabica, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Jon Sciabica

Jon Sciabica Agent

I have already spent way too much on a home theater. I just graduated from college and would like to save a little. Is Sound and Visions' Home Theater Tune-up a good disc? I figure that AVIA is better, but if only marginally so I think I will go with S&V for only $15.00 or so.

2. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

I have only used Avia, but it was worth every cent i paid for it.... and mine cost me 82 dollars canadian. To my way of thinking a detail like a good calibration disc is the last place you want to cut corners, those corners can be cut much more effectively buy getting a 32" instead of a 36" or a 47" instead of a 50"

If you have invested alot of money already it seems that to save 20 dollars you might be wasting your time.

That being said i have enver used the disc and it may even be better than avia, my only point is for the sake of literally 10-20 dollars why cut corners now?

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    [​IMG] $82?! Even for canada, thats expensive! I THINK i saw a copy of VE at London Drugs while ago going for like $45 or so.
    Anyways, i hear very good things about the S&V setup disc. Its very complete (Developed by the same guy who made Avia, Guy Kuo), but not as in-depth as Avia.
    If you spent like a BUNCH of money, with everything top of the line, calibrate it completely with Avia. But if its decent, and you're looking for a GOOD cal, get S&V

4. Jon Sciabica

Jon Sciabica Agent

thanx for the replies. I am not getting all top of the line stuff. I decided to get S&V HTT, it was only $12 at buy.com, and free shipping too. If I fell like I should get AVIA then im only out $12, and I can do that a little later when I have more money, or maybe this will hold me over until i can afford an ISF calibration.

5. Andy Kim

Andy Kim Second Unit

I have the S&V disc and I think it pretty much has all you really need.