What's new

Has anyone used or know about the JVC XVFA95GD DVD (1 Viewer)

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
I have a friend who wants to get into dVD-ausio but doesn't want to spend big $$$ This player can be found for around $300 which makes me wonder if it is any good. I know it doesn't have bass management but he can live with that. Please let me know if you have anything good or bad to say about this player.
Thanks
------------------
The Mischievous Rogue Strikes Again! The Humble Hanson Theater

Mark F Hall

Agent
I have had no problems with mine so far. It functions beautifully. It is a little noisy changing disks but that is no big deal.

Doug_H

Supporting Actor
Mark
That's good to hear. Does it let you only output DVD-Audio via the 6 channel out and still use the digital out for DD and DTS? I am pretty sure the decoders in his receiver are better than the ones in the player.
------------------
The Mischievous Rogue Strikes Again! The Humble Hanson Theater

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Doug,
Yes it does. I have this unit also and it lets you do both. It has built in DD and DTS decoders also if you wanted to go that route. I use the analog outputs for DVD-A and a coax digital cable for movies. I prefer to let my receiver do the DD and DTS decoding. This is a nice unit with good picture and sound. If you have a hd ready tv it also does a good job scaling non-anamorphic discs. My copy of Armageddon looks almost anamorphic! Hope that helps you.
Regards,
Dalton

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
Doug,
I just recently replaced my Toshiba 5109 with the JVC XV-SA70BK. I could not be happier with my decision. Coupled with my TW40X81, the image is very pleasing to my eye. Performance on Film based material is top notch. However, if you watch a lot of Video based material you might want to look elsewhere. See the "Shootout" for details.
The auto scaling feature works for everything that I have thrown at it thus far. The only exception was Titanic. The bad flagging on this disc will give the player fits.
All in all, a great player at its price point.
Thx.......Shawn
patriot.gif

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
Shawn,
I had the same question as Doug. What is video based material. What is non-anamorphic for that matter. I know it has something to do with widescreen I think but Im kinda fuzzy on that...
I have been debating whether to go with a XV-s60 or keep my RP56. Any advise either way would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks