What's new

Has anyone tried this Wal-Mart usdtv HD receiver? (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Hardly anybody has had much good to say about it over at AVS Forum. It's pretty basic and there are several cosmetic variations of it. Also, there's a model that is for using with U.S. Digital's broadcast system that looks the same and sometimes it can get mixed up with the general public model. The one you have to use with U.S. Digital has been a scam on E-bay too. Folks get them cheap for signing up for USD's service and then turn around and auction them off as if it's the general public model. The faceplate has no controls, best not to lose this remote!

I was in Circus City today and they had a $250 OTA reciever that I can picture going on sale for $199 down the road, it was pretty basic but it had bleeding front panel controls! It might have been Motorola...? I'd pick it over WallyWorld's offering even if it cost more, for now. ...or I'd look at the LG models. Best wishes!:)

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Recently I was in the market for an OTA HDTV receiver for my X1, I ended up going with an older model from an established name (Samsung SIR-T151) instead of a newer model from an unknown budget Wal*Mart brand. I did consider it, but only briefly. I have been very happy with the 151 so far.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I have the Samsung 150 HD myself, just looking for a cheep HD for a friend!
Thanks for the replies!

Wes

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
I personally don't mind refurbished at all, but I found mine NOS for only $10 more than that. The dealer didn't have a good Internet reputation on the ratings web sites but they did fine for me.

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson

What is NOS? and where did you buy it, or is that the store?

I have a samsug 150 and am not to happy with it, are the newer samsungs better?

Would like to find a Sony, seems there are codes in the Universal remote (Radio Shack) we are using to operate them.

Wes

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
NOS = New Old Stock. I got it at Big On Digital. I honesttly can't recomemend them, but they did fair business with me. If you're not happy with the 150 the 151 would probably be an incremental update. Check the new 451.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I use an older Zenith DV-420 or something like that. I have been very happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread