Has anyone tried nicheflix.com?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Aaron Schmitt, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Aaron Schmitt

Aaron Schmitt Stunt Coordinator

A friend of mine found this site, and it definitely looks interesting. We both have region free players, and have been looking for places to rent movies. He found www.nicheflix.com which looks like it might fit the bill. It's a netflix like operation, but they carry other region dvd's and more indy flavored releases, as well as d-theater dvhs tapes. Has anyone here actually used their service? If so, how is it? How long does it usually take to get dvd's?

Thanks,
    Aaron

2. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins
    Yeah, I've been looking into this as well. I'm sure the delivery time would be very quick for me since they're based in Indianapolis. The cool thing is that they carry tons of stuff I want to see before I invest the $$$$. Especially, those pricey Japanese releases. I see they have the Russian version of Ken Park and the Japanese Santa Sangre, both of which I have been itching to see.

Anyone used them yet?

3. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

Did a Google search, a couple sites (including Gary Tooze's DVDBeaver site) link to it as a reccomended site, so I'm sold. I'm going to sign up for a trial account, see how it goes.

Also, they have a forum, so you can check it out to see how their service is from those who already use it.