What's new

Has anyone seen these before? (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Martice,
I've heard of them, but have not actually heard them. I did read somewhere that they aren't the best sounding speakers in the world and some feel that the 4" drivers don't move enough air to give realistic SPL's. But I think that may have come from someone that believes in 8"+ drivers in an array.
They're expensive as hell though, so should be good for bragging rights! :)
Brian

Larry B

Screenwriter
I have heard them a number of times and strongly dislike them, despite what some reviewers may say about them. IMO, their main strength seems to be that they are capable of playing at extremely LOUD levels. In fact, at high-fi shows, you can usually tell when you're approaching the Pipe Dreams room due to the deafening music emanating from within.
If I won a pair in a contest, I would quickly sell them and by something musical and refined.
As with most everything, YMMV.
Larry

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
John,

I think the issue was output in the sub 80Hz region. Keep in mind, the guy I'm referring to builds his own stuff and feels that the Pipedreams have some serious compromises.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks