Has anyone seen the Warner/Rhino "As Seen On TV" greatest hits CDs on TV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KeithH, May 30, 2002.

1. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Warner/Rhino has released a number of greatest hits CDs in the past year or so that state "AS SEEN ON TV" on the label covering the top edge of the jewel cases. This includes greatest hits CDs of The Doors, Foreigner, The Doobie Brothers, Prince, and The Cars. Has anyone actually seen these CDs on TV? If so, where? I haven't seen them advertised.

There are a number of good CDs out in this series from Warner/Rhino, and they can be found cheap in some stores. I picked up the Prince disc at Wal-Mart for $9.88 and the Doors and Cars discs at Circuit City for $12.99 each. In addition, I picked up the latest Emerson, Lake & Palmer greatest hits CD for $7.99 at a local dealer. Best Buy advertised the new Christopher Cross greatest hits CD for only $7.99 in last Sunday's flier, and I believe this price is good through at least Saturday. I'm looking to get this disc along with the Doobie Brothers and Foreigner CDs.

2. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

I've seen the ads for the Prince and Cars CD's...standard commercials, playing snippets of old music videos and songs on the discs. Though I believe in the ads they are charging full price plus s&h if you order it through the phone.

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Kevin, thanks. I figured the ads on TV had mail-order offers attached. This is a relatively recent phenomenon. The first time I recall seeing a CD advertised on TV for sale directly from the manufacturer was two years ago with Beatles 1. It was advertised on TV for $18.98 plus $3 or $4 shipping and handling. [​IMG]

4. Kevin Leonard

Kevin Leonard Supporting Actor

Keith, I remember the 1 commercial as well, and the outrageous price they were asking for. I always wondered what their logic was in making you pay over $20 along with a 2-week delivery time, when you could go down to a b&m shop and pick it up for $15 or less. I don't think I'll ever understand marketing. [​IMG]

5. Will_B

Will_B Producer

Mm, Rhino. On the one hand, they make really nice comps and reissues. On the other hand, when your band ends up Rhino, you know your career must be over.

They're redoing all of INXS's albums too, with lots of bonus tracks.

6. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Will said: