What's new

Has anyone seen the Dead this summer, yet? (1 Viewer)

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I've got tickets to see Willie Nelson open and the Dead headline. I can't wait. I saw the Grateful Dead in Chicago in 1992, and loved it. Anyone see them yet, this year?

Van Patton

Second Unit
No but the 2nd set at Bonnaroo was Jerry's last setlist backwards. I'm a huge fan of jambands ,particularly Phish, but prefer Jerry and Dave jamming together anyday over the dead but the dead are still awesome.

MichaelTa

Agent
I went and saw The Other Ones in December at Henry J Kaiser. It was the end of the fall tour and it was a couple of months later that they changed their name to The Dead. I have tickets for the Red Rocks shows but am waiting as usual for some west coast shows. Rumor has it west coast is in September after they do the summer tour. I have been seeing them since 1979 and have not stopped nor do I plan on stopping any time soon.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Thanks to this thread, I stayed up and watched them on Letterman tonight. I was impressed. Because there were time constraints, they did a compact version of Casey Jones. To be honest, except for a few songs such as The Other One/Criptical Envelopment, Morning Dew, etc., I wish they wouldn't jam as much as they once did. Sometimes, it just weighs down the music to much for my taste. And, this comes from a long time deadhead.

I first saw the Dead in the 60's at the Santa Monica Civic, just after the release of their first album. I'm pleading the fifth as far as detail, but I experienced a lot of strange things at their concerts. They never seemed to stop playing and, as always, the people in the crowd did pretty much everything and anything they wanted to...anything!!! The best concerts I ever saw them give were right after the releases of Working Man's Dead and American Beauty.

By the way, for anyone who watched them on Letterman, who was that female singer? I know I've seen, and really liked, her before. I think it was on Austin City Limits or something.

Michael_T

Second Unit
By the way, for anyone who watched them on Letterman, who was that female singer? I know I've seen, and really liked, her before. I think it was on Austin City Limits or something.
I didn't see the Letterman show, but I am going to see The Dead next week at the PNC Bank Arts Center.

The female singer currently on tour with them is Joan Osborne.

MichaelTa

Agent
Copies of the Bonnaroo show are already out on the net using Bit Torrent and or Furthurnet. It usually takes a couple of days before a show is out. Thing is you can now buy the dsbd of a show online though dead.net. Have fun.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Reviving this thread because, guess what! Yep. Got my Dead tickets again. This time, Alpine Valley, WI, July 24.

Much bigger venue.

Much bigger parking lot to trip on.

Can't wait. Anyone else?

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Scott,

I saw the set lists for the first two shows of the tour. Hope they cover some more Floyd!

How are the shows in CO?

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
Scott,

I saw the set lists for the first two shows of the tour. Hope they cover some more Floyd!

How are the shows in CO?

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
camera = ok

btw, i went last night (friday) and despite absolutely miserable weather, i thought it was much better than tuesday.

see the other thread HERE, for my impressions, scott vd. funny, a lot of folks thought tuesday was "the bomb". different strokes...........

ScottCHI

Screenwriter
camera = ok

btw, i went last night (friday) and despite absolutely miserable weather, i thought it was much better than tuesday.

see the other thread HERE, for my impressions, scott vd. funny, a lot of folks thought tuesday was "the bomb". different strokes...........

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks