What's new

Has anyone seen the "Brooklyn South" set (1 Viewer)

t_smitts

Grip
Real Name
Todd Smitts
I'm considering getting it as I like a lot of Steven Bochco's other work: I was a huge "NYPD Blue" fan and loved the first season of "Murder One" as well.

The price tag on the "Brooklyn South" set, however is a heavy one and I'd like to know other people's thoughts before I shell out the dough.

Hank E

Stunt Coordinator

It's an excellent show. I picked it up a while back on Amazon for $15 and loved it. The pilot episode is incredible. Even though it was only on for one season the last episode does have a completed feeling to it so you're not left with a cliffhanger.

Peter Raber

Stunt Coordinator
I love this show, and yes the pilot ep was phenomenal.

I had taped every episode but the third or fourth one I think. I never even knew this was out on DVD. I will definitely have to purchase this.

I hated when CBS cancelled this one.

beatlejam

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Otto
I can wholeheartedly recommend this set! It has everything that was great about "NYPD Blue": excellent scripts from Bochco, Milch, & company; great ensemble acting, and compelling characters.

This program focused on uniformed officers instead of detectives. Great, great stuff!

I watched it on CBS and loved it, so I was thrilled when it came out on DVD.
A & E puts it out, and I was able to get it at a good price last year when A & E had a big inventory sale on their website.

:) If you like Bochco stuff, get it; you'll love it!

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I watched this when it aired (and also own the set) and was sad when it was cancelled -- it was getting particularly interesting relationship-wise. I became a Titus Welliver fan from this show, too. :) Well worth seeing. I'm not sure why the Amazon, A&E Store and other prices are so steep now -- both had them around $20 at one time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks