What's new

Has anyone seen or purchased the new Mitsubishi 82 inch LCOS HDTV? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I have read a few different articles on this set and it looks to be an outstanding hdtv. At 21k it better be. I was just wondering if any of you have either seen it or purchased it? I myself am not going to purchase it but other less expensive models based upon this same technology from Mitsubishi should be a year or so away. If I can get a second generation model with a screen size of say 65 inches with a price tag of 10k or less I would be a lot more inclined to purchase then.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
A "no" to both parts of your question. But I have read the test report in the current issue of Sound & Vision. I'd like to read a more thorough test in a less advertising-driven magazine, such as The Perfect Vision (and in the current issue of that magazine, there's an excellent six-way comparo test of RPTVs, including the 65-inch Mitsu with 9-inch CRTs). TPV has certainly raved about Tosh's 57-inch LCoS model. Their take on the huge Mitsu would be interesting to read.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Yeah, I got that issue of TPV. That is a very informative and objective magazine so I really put a lot into what their opinion is. I was really on the fences about the new Mitsubishi with the nine inch guns. That seems to be a real nice hdtv. CRT still produces the best picture IMO but I do think that these fixed pixel or panel displays are going to be the future and that CRT technology will go the way of vhs in the next few years.

Skyler

Stunt Coordinator
My dealer in San Antonio, Bjorns has the 82 on display. Looks pretty damn good, but not earth shattering. Anyone paying $20,000 for a TV needs therapy IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks